Thread: Finally back-

Finally back-

Hi Everyone,

I've missed staying in touch with you and keeping track of all the stories.

All this time I was on dial up and getting to this forum was impossible. It seemed like each day was more and more I was finding I couldn't access or see because I was on dial up. With winter well on it's way I finally sucked it up and signed up for real internet. Wahhhoooo ! ! !

Now to read the threads and find out what you all have been up to for the last 6 months or so and I expect to find some good stories.
    Sherry
    Never lost, always on an adventure !

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    Hi Everyone,

All this time I was on dial up and getting to this forum was impossible. It seemed like each day was more and more I was finding I couldn't access or see because I was on dial up. With winter well on it's way I finally sucked it up and signed up for real internet. Wahhhoooo ! ! !

Now to read the threads and find out what you all have been up to for the last 6 months or so and I expect to find some good stories.
    Sherry, hot damn girl, it's great to have you back, where've you been, what have you been doing, which bikes have you been riding, have you got any more bikes in your collection?????????????????? So many questions and so few answers. Now you got real internet you'll find you can post so fast you can meet yourself coming back.

You've got a lot of catching up to do. Although things have slowed down a bit with winter coming in there have been some good ride reports and pictures on our little forum. Danny Brown's ride report as posted by Mark - it is a long report so Mark just posted a link - is well worth a half hour or so read. JP and the others have been doing their bits as well.

Now don't go running off again y'hear!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Hi Everyone,

Good to see you back!

And dial up? Something must be done...

Hi Ken and Eric,

Yep, it took me a while to come into the modern ages but I've finally arrived. I did check out a few threads last night and see things are still rolling along.

No new bikes in the stable but then I have enough bikes, for now.

There were a few rides during the summer. Early summer I rode my DR650 to Gold Beach, OR for a grand opening at a Resturant owned by a friend. Of course I took the scenic route and put on a couple thousand miles before returning home,changing bikes to the '07 F650gs and rode to Hells Canyon. There were a number of weekend trips during the summer and then ended the season with a ride on the F650gs in Sept. I had the pleasure of showing a young man from China some of the best road in WA state.

It's great being off dial up so I can catch up with everyone again.
    Sherry

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    It's a night and day difference.

Dail up was ok when a large number of people still went that way, in the early days of the Internet. But now, most sites (and software, etc.) assume a high-speed connection so you really lose out if you don't have one.

We got hit with a big ice storm last night; no power throughout the county. We are on the generator, but I may run outta gas depending on how long the outage lasts - so if I disappear, that's why!

Good to See you back.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back Sherry. Glad to see you on the boards again. We just got our first significant snow of the year so I recon I'll be doing more computer time over the next couple months myself.

Sherry, didn't even miss you... Thought you were just out for one of your short rides...LOL

Hi Elmo and Mark!

Charlie, I can't believe you didn't miss me. Sigh ; ) LOL - Hi to you too.
    Sherry