Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: No riding today!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Oldfrtbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    268

    No riding today!!!!!!!!!!!!

    No riding today! Currently -8 degress, -17 last night. With all this early in the season maybe we'll have an early spring

  2. #2
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    No riding today! Currently -8 degress, -17 last night. With all this early in the season maybe we'll have an early spring
    -8, -17, we've had -5 hereabouts - I blame it all on global warming!

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Oldfrtbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    268
    8, -17, we've had -5 hereabouts - I blame it all on global warming!

    Ken]

    ========================================

    (;=)))))))

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    282
    In the 80's today..... expecting a cold spell this weekend, down in the 60's

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bethany, CT.
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    In the 80's today..... expecting a cold spell this weekend, down in the 60's
    To put it in the immortal words of Daffy Duck,,,, YER DISPICABLE!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    No riding today! Currently -8 degress, -17 last night. With all this early in the season maybe we'll have an early spring
    Ok, now I feel lucky....

    Two days without power (so far) ... and yesterday it got into the high 40s. But tonight it is supposed to get into the low teens.

    Thank the Motor Gods for a wood stove and a generator!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Posts
    188
    Yikes! I was whining a couple days ago because it was 3 degrees as I drove to work but at least it was above zero. Yup, I think winter is here but there are only a few more months of this and it will turn around and go the other way.
    Sherry
    Never lost, always on an adventure !

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    282
    What are you guys winning about? In a few years, we'll all be underwater as global warming takes it's toll ...... LOL

  9. #9
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    What are you guys winning about? In a few years, we'll all be underwater as global warming takes it's toll ...... LOL
    We're at 3,200 feet - so maybe we'll end up with beachfront real estate?

  10. #10
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Ok, now I feel lucky....

    Two days without power (so far) ... and yesterday it got into the high 40s. But tonight it is supposed to get into the low teens.

    Thank the Motor Gods for a wood stove and a generator!


    Several years ago, I bought a 5500 watt generator with a surge of 8200 watts. Since I bought it, my power hasn't been off long enough at any one time to bother with starting it up. Even last winter when most of the area was powerless because of several inches of ice pulling power lines down, my lights didn't even flicker.

    Now, I know for a fact that if I sell my generator, my power will go out within a week. For a long time too.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  11. #11
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,730
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Several years ago, I bought a 5500 watt generator with a surge of 8200 watts. Since I bought it, my power hasn't been off long enough at any one time to bother with starting it up. Even last winter when most of the area was powerless because of several inches of ice pulling power lines down, my lights didn't even flicker.

    Now, I know for a fact that if I sell my generator, my power will go out within a week. For a long time too.

    That is an iron law of quantum mechanics!

    I have the same generator (5500 watts) and this is the first time in two years I have really needed it. I thought about selling it because it took up space ... then quickly thought better of it (for once!)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    221
    My buddy (and Charlies) George from St Louis came down with his Grandson and one morning we left the house at 30 degrees with heated grips on high but no electrics and the time we got back three hours later it was all the way up to 37. Poor George doesn't have heated grips but he does have a heated seat.

Similar Threads

  1. Riding Pants?
    By Steve in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 01:27 AM
  2. Riding Dirty
    By dom in forum Fight Traffic Tickets/Driving Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
  3. Riding season may already be over...
    By Eric in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
  4. More riding
    By Ladybug in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
  5. riding with bad back
    By bikerlbf406 in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •