Thread: I hope this guy is wrong

I hope this guy is wrong

Distressed municipalities throughout the country will resort to charging exorbitant fees for such things as dog licenses. Many will experiment with imprisoning those unable to pay these fees in state and county jails, only to release them again as the jails continuously overflow and resources run low. The citizenry will come to regard jails as conveniently combining the features of a soup kitchen and a homeless shelter.
    http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2009/12/predictions.html

I just paid $20 for my cat's license -- $10 for the license, and $10 for the late fee because I didn't think they were serious the first time. The veterinarian was required by law to report her to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department when I got her annual rabies vaccination.

Yet another example of someone doing the right thing getting penalized. A taste of more yet to come?

Chip H.

Staff
    Me too. My spider sense tells me that he may not be far off.

Here's another link found within that article. It outlines the differences in the collapse of the USSR and the real possible collapse of the United States.

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/23259

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post

I just paid $20 for my cat's license -- $10 for the license, and $10 for the late fee because I didn't think they were serious the first time. The veterinarian was required by law to report her to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department when I got her annual rabies vaccination.

Yet another example of someone doing the right thing getting penalized. A taste of more yet to come?

Chip H.
    I haven't paid a dime to Seminole County FL for my pet license. I shouldn't have to license a domesticated animal that spends at least 50 percent of its time in the house. I guess jail is next. The only good thing is that I won't have to pay for my meals. I heard the Chicken Fried Steak is good on thursdays.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post

Chip H.
    Our (tiny/rural) county does the same now also. It's absurd. Our cats are 100 percent indoors; they never go outside. Why do they need expensive (and dangerous) rabies vaccinations? They don't. The government and Pharma just need our money.

Rabies vaccinations for dogs is good, and backed by the 3 or 4 makers of it for 4 years, yet many locations require vac's every year, some 2 years and a few three years, but I've not heard of only a 4 year vac time table required in any area, and I'll bet it also applys to feline vaccanations too.

When I first learned of this (a friend who is the animal control officer for a small community (16,000 +/-), and surrounding area, 30 years service now, with a two year vac policy), I asked our vet, who lives and has his office in my friends working boundrys, thus complies with the requirements of his, as well as our area which required the one year, how come the difference between the two, he fed me the cock and bull set of strength difference's, he even pulled down the vaccination box and pointed to the time lable affixed to the box.

As I was getting my dogs in hand to leave, I told him he should check the required medical lables on the two year dose boxs for the area he treats in his community, as it would show no difference in dose levels or chem amounts and doseage between the two, and the same if he had any labled for three years(my friend, who does the shots for his job, used the same brand, and showed me what they said, stateing the company lables the boxs for the area they are to be used in, per the applicable laws).

I also told my former Vet that with all the money we've spend at his animal clinic in the last 20 + years, he shouldn't lie to his income producers, as he's way to smart to be dumb.

It took a year to get the county we live in, to at least change over to the two year standard, and I hear the Vet we left, has lost of lot of business, after word got around, made it hard to trust him to do the best for our pets and livestock.

His area is comprised of small communities and farm/ranchs, almost like "Cheer's", where everyone knows everyone, thus, words gets around.

One a year shot requirements brings in income for Vets, along with the split of the tags and registration of domestic pets.

Rex

My Lab is 12 now and he will never get another rabies shot. The last one almost killed him (bad reaction) and at his age, another such crisis would kill him.

No common sense; no reasonableness. Just another scam to fleece us.

My dog is inside 99 percent of the time; when he goes outside, it's with us - and he is on the leash. His chances of acquiring rabies are near nonexistent. Skipping the vaccination is thus a perfectly reasonable choice to make, but in this no longer "land of the free" even such minute decisions are being taken out of our hands.

The government (egged on by big business) knows best.

Cat license? Cats have to be licensed?

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    In some counties, yes.

The rabies thing, though, is even more obnoxious as the laaaaaaaaw doesn't make any distinction between animals that go outside (rabies vaccination reasonable) and those that never do (rabies vaccination unreasonable).

We have five cats, all indoor. Why the hell should we have to spend $40 per cat on a rabies shot they do not need?

Answer: To give Pharma more money.

They probably switched to licensing pets about the time people stopped owning horses (tax base was going away)

Chip H.

My cat goes outside every day, and it's been well over a decade since he's needed a visit to the vet.

My cat goes outside every day, and it's been well over a decade since he's needed a visit to the vet.
    It's just another way to extort money from us. It also makes it that much harder for well-meaning people to adopt animals. We have 5 cats plus a dog, so if we obeyed the laaaaaaaaaw that's six rabies shots at $40 per every two years. We can afford this - but many people can't. So the animals don't get adopted.

The level of bullshit in this country is becoming suffocating.