Thread: Beware AFLAC!

Angry Beware AFLAC!

If you've seen the ads for AFLAC insurance, take some salt with them. My company dropped it because it was a nightmare. We were allowed to carry it on our own so I paid for a year coverage starting March 1 of last year. I've been getting bills saying I'm due (I'm not). Somehow one fourth of my coverage has disappeared. Repeated calls to the company and e-mails to their office have been ignored.

I'm getting ready to send a letter to my states insurance commisioner along with the bills they keep sending me along with a copy of my cancelled check written on Feb. 9 of last year and it cleared my bank on Feb. 13th.

I suspect they thought it was cute to use a Goose as a mascot since they goose customers a lot.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    It's a con - like most "insurance."

You're much better off just setting the money aside for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It's a con - like most "insurance."

You're much better off just setting the money aside for whatever.

After they dropped AFLAC, my company offered short term disability insurance and I'm signed up for 3X base pay. So, if I'm off work due to injury at home, I'll get enough to pay for insurance costs as well as living expenses. It's cheaper than getting goosed too.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

I sure in the hell would. Go get 'em.

Back in '07 I had Aflac. I took out accidental coverage only. On March 1st of '07, the same day the insurance took effect, I was in a car accident, leaving me out of work & disabled. Although it wasn't much money, they did pay me several hundred dollars on my claim, which was better then nothing, especially considering I didn't even pay my premiums yet. After filing the claim, I had the check in less then a week, so they were prompt. After a couple of months I ended up loosing the coverage though, as I couldn't pay the premiums. They couldn't take it out of my checks like they were supposed to, since I wasn't working after the accident. They sent me the bill in the mail for I could pay & keep my insurance, but I couldn't afford it, so I had no choice to let it drop though. So for me it worked out pretty good & I have no complaints about the company.
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel