Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How many cars have you owned?

  1. #1
    Senior Member bikerlbf406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Granite City, Illinois
    Posts
    360

    How many cars have you owned?

    I've had 28 vehicles myself since April of 2000. All of the vehicles are in order from 1st-28th vehicle that I've owned.
    1988 Blue Plymouth Voyager Minivan
    1987 Tan Chrysler New Yorker Sedan
    1989 Gray Chevy Celebrity Sedan
    1987 Blue Dodge Dakota Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1990 White Mazda Protege Sedan
    1992 Black Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 Black Dodge Dakota Truck
    1985 Black Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 door SUV
    1989 White Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 Door SUV
    1997 Green Plymouth Breeze Sedan
    1992 White Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback
    1996 Green Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1984 Red Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 White Ford Tempo Sedan
    1991 White Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1993 White Mercury Tracer Sedan
    1989 Black Chevy C/K1500 Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1996 Tan Subaru Legacy Wagon
    1980 Red Ford Bronco 2 Door SUV
    1989 Red Ford Mustang Hatchback
    1996 White Chevy Astro Minivan
    1988 Blue Isuzu Trooper II 2 door SUV
    1994 Green GMC S-15 Jimmy 4 door SUV
    1994 Silver Nissan Altima Sedan
    1992 Green Ford Ranger Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1983 Maroon Honda CB550SC Nighthawk Motorcycle
    1997 Red Dodge Dakota Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1997 Black Ford Explorer 4 Door SUV
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel


  2. #2
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,731
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    I've had 28 vehicles myself since April of 2000. All of the vehicles are in order from 1st-28th vehicle that I've owned.
    1988 Blue Plymouth Voyager Minivan
    1987 Tan Chrysler New Yorker Sedan
    1989 Gray Chevy Celebrity Sedan
    1987 Blue Dodge Dakota Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1990 White Mazda Protege Sedan
    1992 Black Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 Black Dodge Dakota Truck
    1985 Black Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 door SUV
    1989 White Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 Door SUV
    1997 Green Plymouth Breeze Sedan
    1992 White Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback
    1996 Green Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1984 Red Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 White Ford Tempo Sedan
    1991 White Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1993 White Mercury Tracer Sedan
    1989 Black Chevy C/K1500 Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1996 Tan Subaru Legacy Wagon
    1980 Red Ford Bronco 2 Door SUV
    1989 Red Ford Mustang Hatchback
    1996 White Chevy Astro Minivan
    1988 Blue Isuzu Trooper II 2 door SUV
    1994 Green GMC S-15 Jimmy 4 door SUV
    1994 Silver Nissan Altima Sedan
    1992 Green Ford Ranger Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1983 Maroon Honda CB550SC Nighthawk Motorcycle
    1997 Red Dodge Dakota Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1997 Black Ford Explorer 4 Door SUV
    I'm not even close!

    '78 Camaro LT
    '81 Camaro Z28
    '76 Trans Am (two of them; one I still have)
    '69 VW fastback
    '73 VW Thing
    '74 VW Super Beetle
    '64 Corvair
    '89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
    '96 Corolla
    '98 Nissan Frontier (still have it)
    '02 Frontier (still have it)

  3. #3
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126
    1974 AMC Gremlin
    1966 Ford Mustang
    1981 Toyota Starlet
    1981 Ford Escort
    1986 Toyota Corolla
    1987 Acura Integra
    1975 Honda Civic
    1980 Mazda GLC
    1993 Subaru Impreza
    1989 Mercury Cougar
    1996 Ford Mustang GT
    1997 Ford Mustang Cobra
    1986 Ford Taurus Wagon
    1988 Saab 9000T
    2001 Saturn L100
    2003 Jaguar S-type 3.0


    I began driving in 1980. I still have the Saturn and the Jag.
    Last edited by swamprat; 01-17-2010 at 10:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member J. ZIMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    THE HIGH DESERT, OREGON
    Posts
    371
    HOLY BRAT CRAP. You're are making this ol' man brain go into smoke over load. How many cars...??? The last time I figured out how many cars I have owned, was for my kids Fifteen years ago. but I'll try to remember what I can. So here goes...

    1941 Ford Quarter ton pick-up (First vehicle. paid $125.00 in 1955)
    1940 Buick Roadmaster Limo (FREE and it ran)
    1937 Packard 120 Convertible (V-12, Three on the floor. wish I had back)
    1948 Dodge 4dr. (it ran)
    1951 Buick 4dr (over heated a lot)
    1954 Buick 2dr (Valves floated at 115 mph)
    1957 Plymouth Fury 2dr ht (Got tired of replacing door handles. good stock car tho)
    1956 Olds 88 2dr (Two of these)
    1956 Studebaker Power Hawk. 289Ci (good stock car)
    1960 Ford 4dr (Stock car)
    1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruizer 4dr ht (Wish I had back)
    1960 Mercury Montclair 4dr ht
    1955 Studebaker Pick-up 1/2 ton E-5 (Had it for 25 years)
    1964 Olds 442 (Hot set of wheels)
    1963 Chevy Impala 2dr ht (Nice car)
    1979 Ford Granada 4dr (UCK. What can I say)
    1986 Chevrolet Caprice Brougham 4dr (Rode nice)
    1992 Mercury Grand Marque ( Rides better. Still going strong)
    1977 Ford Pick-up 1/2 ton ( Self starting six banger)
    1991 Ford F-250 HD 3/4 ton (Could pass anything but a gas station)
    1959 Austin A-55 Cambrian 4dr (Had three of these.Two for parts)
    2000 Ford F-150 (Truck wannabe. Still have it)
    1964 Ford Falcon Convertible ( Our show car for 13 years now)
    1953 Ford 2dr ht (Last of the Flatheads)
    1952 Kaiser Travelier 4dr sdn ( the trunk and back window opened up like a station wagon and the back seat folded down)
    1948 Chevy Station wagon 4dr (Woody)
    1949 Chevy 4dr
    1951 Chevy 4dr
    1954 Volkswagen Convertible (non syncro tranny)
    1953 Ford Station Wagon 2dr (had been rolled, cut off top, made beach buggy out of it. Good party mobile)
    1954 Ford 2dr (Short window coupe. Good for 71 mph in 2nd gear)

    And I'm sure there are some that my feeble fuzzy mind has forgotten.
    Last edited by J. ZIMM; 01-21-2010 at 12:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,731
    Quote Originally Posted by J. ZIMM View Post
    HOLY BRAT CRAP. You're are making this ol' man brain go into smoke over load. How many cars...??? The last time I figured out how many cars I have owned, was for my kids Fifteen years ago. but I'll try to remember what I can. So here goes...

    1941 Ford Quarter ton pick-up (First vehicle. paid $125.00 in 1955)
    1940 Buick Roadmaster Limo (FREE and it ran)
    1937 Packard 120 Convertible (V-12, Three on the floor. wish I had back)
    1948 Dodge 4dr. (it ran)
    1951 Buick 4dr (over heated a lot)
    1954 Buick 2dr (Valves floated at 115 mph)
    1957 Plymouth Fury 2dr ht (Got tired of replacing door handles. good stock car tho)
    1956 Olds 88 2dr (Two of these)
    1956 Studebaker Power Hawk. 289Ci (good stock car)
    1960 Ford 4dr (Stock car)
    1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruizer 4dr ht (Wish I had back)
    1960 Mercury Montclair 4dr ht
    1955 Studebaker Pick-up 1/2 ton E-5 (Had it for 25 years)
    1964 Olds 442 (Hot set of wheels)
    1963 Chevy Impala 2dr ht (Nice car)
    1979 Ford Granada 4dr (UCK. What can I say)
    1986 Chevrolet Caprice Brougham 4dr (Rode nice)
    1992 Mercury Grand Marque ( Rides better. Still going strong)
    1977 Ford Pick-up 1/2 ton ( Self starting six banger)
    1991 Ford F-250 HD 3/4 ton (Could pass anything but a gas station)
    1959 Austin A-55 Cambrian 4dr (Had three of these.Two for parts)
    2000 Ford F-150 (Truck wannabe. Still have it)
    1964 Ford Falcon Convertible ( Our show car for 13 years now)
    1953 Ford 2dr ht Sky-liner (Last of the Flatheads)
    1952 Kaiser Travelier 4dr sdn ( the trunk and back window opened up like a station wagon and the back seat folded down)
    1948 Chevy Station wagon 4dr (Woody)
    1949 Chevy 4dr
    1951 Chevy 4dr
    1954 Volkswagen Convertible (non syncro tranny)
    1953 Ford Station Wagon 2dr (had been rolled, cut off top, made beach buggy out of it. Good party mobile)
    1954 Ford 2dr (Short window coupe. Good for 71 mph in 2nd gear)

    And I'm sure there are some that my feeble fuzzy mind has forgotten.

    Yowsa!

    Several of those are very cool, too - I'm jealous!

  6. #6
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    I've had 28 vehicles myself since April of 2000. All of the vehicles are in order from 1st-28th vehicle that I've owned.
    1988 Blue Plymouth Voyager Minivan
    1987 Tan Chrysler New Yorker Sedan
    1989 Gray Chevy Celebrity Sedan
    1987 Blue Dodge Dakota Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1990 White Mazda Protege Sedan
    1992 Black Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 Black Dodge Dakota Truck
    1985 Black Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 door SUV
    1989 White Chevy S-10 Blazer 2 Door SUV
    1997 Green Plymouth Breeze Sedan
    1992 White Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback
    1996 Green Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1984 Red Chevy Camaro Hatchback
    1992 White Ford Tempo Sedan
    1991 White Ford Aerostar Minivan
    1993 White Mercury Tracer Sedan
    1989 Black Chevy C/K1500 Standard Cab P/U Truck
    1996 Tan Subaru Legacy Wagon
    1980 Red Ford Bronco 2 Door SUV
    1989 Red Ford Mustang Hatchback
    1996 White Chevy Astro Minivan
    1988 Blue Isuzu Trooper II 2 door SUV
    1994 Green GMC S-15 Jimmy 4 door SUV
    1994 Silver Nissan Altima Sedan
    1992 Green Ford Ranger Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1983 Maroon Honda CB550SC Nighthawk Motorcycle
    1997 Red Dodge Dakota Extended Cab P/U Truck
    1997 Black Ford Explorer 4 Door SUV

    I started counting once and quit at 150.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  7. #7
    Senior Member J. ZIMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    THE HIGH DESERT, OREGON
    Posts
    371
    Ha ha. By looking at these list, mine included, that the reason why we have had so many cars through out the years, is that it took a half dozen or so just to make it through the year.

  8. #8
    Man, I guess I just hold onto cars longer:

    1974 - 63 Chevy Impala inherited from my aunt
    1978 - 70 Chevy Camaro handmedown from my sister
    1979 - 1979 Chevy Malibu (first car I bought)
    1986 - 1986 Olds 88
    1992 - 1991 Olds 88
    1999 - 1999 Buick Century
    2006 - 2007 Hyundai Sonata

    Loved the Impala. When I got it, it had 23k miles on it, dry rot tires and the paint job was in the pits, but it was a great college car with the cavernous trunk. The well in there was perfect for the fridge I kept in my dorm room. The Camaro was pretty cool, but had no power anything and 2/60 air conditioning. Warning, some dates may vary a year either way.
    I'm going quackers!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635
    1936 Ford Convertible
    1936 Ford 2 door sedan
    1941 Ford Business Coupe
    1948 Chevy Fleetline 2 door
    1956 Pontiac 2 door HT
    1962 Ford Station Wagon
    1963 Chevy Station Wagon
    1964 Chevy Station Wagon
    1965 Plymouth Station Wagon
    1967 Plymouth Station Wagon
    1968 Plymouth Station Wagon
    1969 Chevy Station Wagon
    1970 Chevy Station Wagon
    1972 Chevy Station Wagon
    1974 Chevy Station Wagon
    1975 Chevy Suburban
    1975 AMC Pacer
    1978 Chevy Station Wagon
    1980 Chevy Caprice 4 door sedan
    1980 Chevy Malibu 4 door
    1981 Ford Full size van
    1984 Ford Thunderbird
    1987 Mercury Sable
    1989 Ford Van (full size)
    1995 Ford Crown Victoria
    1991 Ford Explorer
    1998 Ford Windstar
    2000 Ford Windstar
    2003 Hyundai Sante Fe
    2004 Toyota Sienna
    2004 Ford Mustang Convertible
    2008 Ford Edge LTD

    The above list does not include the vehicles that my company owned from 1983 to 1988. That would have included several small pick-ups, mini-vans and cargo vans---- Doesn't include the kids vehicles either!
    Last edited by Jim Rose; 01-31-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: add to

  10. #10
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Man, I guess I just hold onto cars longer:

    1974 - 63 Chevy Impala inherited from my aunt
    1978 - 70 Chevy Camaro handmedown from my sister
    1979 - 1979 Chevy Malibu (first car I bought)
    1986 - 1986 Olds 88
    1992 - 1991 Olds 88
    1999 - 1999 Buick Century
    2006 - 2007 Hyundai Sonata

    Loved the Impala. When I got it, it had 23k miles on it, dry rot tires and the paint job was in the pits, but it was a great college car with the cavernous trunk. The well in there was perfect for the fridge I kept in my dorm room. The Camaro was pretty cool, but had no power anything and 2/60 air conditioning. Warning, some dates may vary a year either way.
    Thank the Motor Gods I beat someone here!

  11. #11
    Senior Member bikerlbf406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Granite City, Illinois
    Posts
    360
    When I started this thread, I surely didn't imagine this much response & so many people with so many vehicles. I do belive though, I have owned the most amount of vehicles in the shortest time frame. Praise the Motor Gods!
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel


  12. #12
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    When I started this thread, I surely didn't imagine this much response & so many people with so many vehicles. I do belive though, I have owned the most amount of vehicles in the shortest time frame. Praise the Motor Gods!


    Oh, I dunno. 28 in 10 years is only 2.8 per year. I usually have 4 or 5 at any one time. Currently, I've got a 1971 Dodge D-100, a 1984 Dodge W-150, a 1982 Mercedes 380SL roadster and a '98 Ford Taurus. Last year I sold at least 4 cars over the course of the year, plus I sold one motorcycle, bought another one and then sold it as it was just a pile of used parts.

    I'm trying to sell the '71 Dodge and '82 Mercedes to buy a newer Ram 2500 4X4. I have so many that I'm always having to work on something and just don't have time for it anymore. Once I get a late 90's truck, I'll sell the '84 off.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  13. #13
    Senior Member bikerlbf406's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Granite City, Illinois
    Posts
    360
    I thought I was bad grouch. I don't usually have any more then 2 vehicles at one time & lately only have 1 vehicle at one time. I just tend to trade 'em off or sell them faster then most people as I'm always finding another vehicle that I want. Although I don't have any plans to get rid of my Explorer in the near future and may keep it for a while. Almost been a year now since I bought it.
    Tim, proud owner of 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & 2007 Honda CMX250C Rebel


  14. #14
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
    I thought I was bad grouch. I don't usually have any more then 2 vehicles at one time & lately only have 1 vehicle at one time. I just tend to trade 'em off or sell them faster then most people as I'm always finding another vehicle that I want. Although I don't have any plans to get rid of my Explorer in the near future and may keep it for a while. Almost been a year now since I bought it.

    I have specific criteria for what I keep or sell. The Taurus I've got now I bought specifically to haul my mother around. Her wheel chair fits in the trunk just fine and she doesn't have much trouble getting in and out. I'll keep it until she passes. I've had it 7 months and have already put about 10K on it. It is comfortable and I use it for general driving. The '84 Dodge W-150 is my back up driver, bad weather driver (if I can't go, nobody goes.) and general utility vehicle. The '71 was bought to play with and as a project but my free time has disappeared and it's up for sale. The '82 Mercedes was my goal for 30 years. It took me three years to talk the previous owner out of it. I wanted one ever since I saw the movie "Gumball Rally". The two old phartes racing in the 190SL just hit a chord with me. There was also a car like mine I didn't notice at first. After I got mine, I noticed the cute gal the Italian driver picked up was driving a gold one.

    I'm looking for a 1994-2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins and 4X4 to replace the '84 as the '84 isn't really heavy enough and was originally sold in Maine and doesn't have a/c. Once I get rid of the '71, '82 and '84, I plan to stay with just two drivers. A heavy truck and a more economical driver, with or without 4X4. I can't get in the roadster easily any more and want something I don't grunt getting in and out of.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wahiawa
    Posts
    587
    My number of cars may not be impressive as you guys' are, but the "makes" of cars I've owned are nonetheless "consistent", in that they were/are:

    1936 Chevy coupe
    52 Chevy coupe
    53 Chevy sedan
    73 Chevy Malibu
    66 Impala sedan
    74 Chevy Vega H.B. coupe
    and 76 Impala coupe
    in chronological order, and invariably, the next will be, you guessed it, a Chevy, but I dunno, I'm in my "sunset" years and the '76 Impala may be the last I will own and drive if I can continue to be able to get my hands on any needed parts to keep it going. Why I am "ChevyMan".

    Larry
    Last edited by ChevyMan; 02-03-2010 at 03:55 PM.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rose Hill, Ks. area
    Posts
    36
    Current

    Hum,*1963 6 banger biscayne (wife's uncle, bought at estate auction, 63,000 miles)
    1965 GTO, 1 hardtop, 1 vert, both automatics (in need of resto)
    1966 427/390 h/p Vette vert/h/t, (wife's - parts being gathered to resto)
    1967 GTO vert (needs engine redo, an misc parts to complete, includ new top)
    *1967 Cut supreme h/t automatic (needs eng redo, r/r 1/4 and paint)
    *1967 Cut supreme vert auto (eng an paint redo needed - both cuts run/smok)
    1967 SS Impala 427 auto (eng done in two weeks, then P&B or drive)
    1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro 4spd (needs total resto finished - parts ready)
    2 - 1968 Chevelle 396 SS's, one needs total resto, other needs paint/minorbody)
    1969 428 Bonnie vert auto (needs dash re-installed then done - good to go)
    *1969 GTO RAIII 3spd on the floor (needs P&B, an redo 400, remove 396)
    1969 "M" code Road Runner (needs total resto)
    1970 429 Thunderbird (minor body & paint, engine redo oldest grnd daugh dibs)
    *1970 LS6 SS Chevelle 4spd (restoed last October, clone 454, orig stored)
    2 - 1985 4x4 Suburbans (the 383 engined needs r/diff, will part out other for fix)
    *1985 L98 Corvette auto (wifes driver - 103,000 miles)
    *1990 GMC 3/4 pickemup (about to be retired - 280,000 + miles)
    *1990 Chev 454 1 ton crew dually 83,000 miles (30 ft trailer hauler)
    *1992 LX 5.0 Stang AOD (needs axel bearings - pwr dyne 9lb)
    *1992 RS 305 5spd Camaro (factory ordered - no stealership - has wat leak)
    1992 Cavalier (blown head gasket - on the highway no less 123,000 miles)
    *1995 Z-28 vert (383'ed LT4, ATI 12lb needs 8.5 diff an rollbar to complete)
    *1996 4x4 Suburban LT 285,000+ miles (paint just start to blister on hood)
    *1996 SS Impala auto (34,000 miles)
    *2007 Silverado Classic extended cab (just bought to replace the 1990)

    I've got a couple of others that I can't remember at the moment, oh well.

    Just sold a 1968 400 Lemans, a 1988 5.0 GT stang, an sold a restored 6 banger Fiero GT last year, then last year, gave ex daughter in law a 1998 low mileage V8 Grand Cherokee Limited to pick up an haul the grandkids when she has em, to replace the 1995 Buick Lesbre we gave her 3 years previous when she left, that she didn't maintaine.

    Yea, I know, but wife said "Do it".

    I couldn't even begine to recall the other cars from the past, but a few were a 1985 Buick Turbo Regal (no GN), 1989 Turbo TA, 1979 Pontiac 400, 4spd TA, 1981 Turbo Dayton/Indy TA, 1979 442 Olds Cut, 1973 350/4v Monte Carlo, 69 383 Super Bee, 67 396 Super Sport Chevelle, 70 Mercury 429 SCJ Cyclone Spoiler, 1964 Impala SS 409, 65 Ford 390 4spd Galaxy, a 63 427 Galaxy, a 63 Wedge 413 Savoy, and a three time Lions raceway, NHRA National class winner, a 1958 283 3spd Impala along with many non discript drivers, including pickemup's, full size cars an station wagons and as well as a 1981 4100 series Caddilac that took over 9 months and heavy loss to get rid of, piece of junk - new.

    I even had a couple of other 65 GTO's, one new, the other a couple of years old, both destroyed in accidents, including the new one 7 months later that took two tow trucks to pull off the tree that the fine city of Honolulu sent me a bill for damages, to the tune of $500, a lot of coin in 1965, which my Insurance Company refused to pay (the jerks even refused to pay more than what was owned at the bank, even thou I had put 40% down and made 8 payments on the car), which is now known as Conseco (rated in the Worse top ten Insurance companys now).

    Rex

  17. #17
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,731
    Quote Originally Posted by quickcar View Post
    Current

    Hum,*1963 6 banger biscayne (wife's uncle, bought at estate auction, 63,000 miles)
    1965 GTO, 1 hardtop, 1 vert, both automatics (in need of resto)
    1966 427/390 h/p Vette vert/h/t, (wife's - parts being gathered to resto)
    1967 GTO vert (needs engine redo, an misc parts to complete, includ new top)
    *1967 Cut supreme h/t automatic (needs eng redo, r/r 1/4 and paint)
    *1967 Cut supreme vert auto (eng an paint redo needed - both cuts run/smok)
    1967 SS Impala 427 auto (eng done in two weeks, then P&B or drive)
    1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro 4spd (needs total resto finished - parts ready)
    2 - 1968 Chevelle 396 SS's, one needs total resto, other needs paint/minorbody)
    1969 428 Bonnie vert auto (needs dash re-installed then done - good to go)
    *1969 GTO RAIII 3spd on the floor (needs P&B, an redo 400, remove 396)
    1969 "M" code Road Runner (needs total resto)
    1970 429 Thunderbird (minor body & paint, engine redo oldest grnd daugh dibs)
    *1970 LS6 SS Chevelle 4spd (restoed last October, clone 454, orig stored)
    2 - 1985 4x4 Suburbans (the 383 engined needs r/diff, will part out other for fix)
    *1985 L98 Corvette auto (wifes driver - 103,000 miles)
    *1990 GMC 3/4 pickemup (about to be retired - 280,000 + miles)
    *1990 Chev 454 1 ton crew dually 83,000 miles (30 ft trailer hauler)
    *1992 LX 5.0 Stang AOD (needs axel bearings - pwr dyne 9lb)
    *1992 RS 305 5spd Camaro (factory ordered - no stealership - has wat leak)
    1992 Cavalier (blown head gasket - on the highway no less 123,000 miles)
    *1995 Z-28 vert (383'ed LT4, ATI 12lb needs 8.5 diff an rollbar to complete)
    *1996 4x4 Suburban LT 285,000+ miles (paint just start to blister on hood)
    *1996 SS Impala auto (34,000 miles)
    *2007 Silverado Classic extended cab (just bought to replace the 1990)

    I've got a couple of others that I can't remember at the moment, oh well.

    Just sold a 1968 400 Lemans, a 1988 5.0 GT stang, an sold a restored 6 banger Fiero GT last year, then last year, gave ex daughter in law a 1998 low mileage V8 Grand Cherokee Limited to pick up an haul the grandkids when she has em, to replace the 1995 Buick Lesbre we gave her 3 years previous when she left, that she didn't maintaine.

    Yea, I know, but wife said "Do it".

    I couldn't even begine to recall the other cars from the past, but a few were a 1985 Buick Turbo Regal (no GN), 1989 Turbo TA, 1979 Pontiac 400, 4spd TA, 1981 Turbo Dayton/Indy TA, 1979 442 Olds Cut, 1973 350/4v Monte Carlo, 69 383 Super Bee, 67 396 Super Sport Chevelle, 70 Mercury 429 SCJ Cyclone Spoiler, 1964 Impala SS 409, 65 Ford 390 4spd Galaxy, a 63 427 Galaxy, a 63 Wedge 413 Savoy, and a three time Lions raceway, NHRA National class winner, a 1958 283 3spd Impala along with many non discript drivers, including pickemup's, full size cars an station wagons and as well as a 1981 4100 series Caddilac that took over 9 months and heavy loss to get rid of, piece of junk - new.

    I even had a couple of other 65 GTO's, one new, the other a couple of years old, both destroyed in accidents, including the new one 7 months later that took two tow trucks to pull off the tree that the fine city of Honolulu sent me a bill for damages, to the tune of $500, a lot of coin in 1965, which my Insurance Company refused to pay (the jerks even refused to pay more than what was owned at the bank, even thou I had put 40% down and made 8 payments on the car), which is now known as Conseco (rated in the Worse top ten Insurance companys now).

    Rex
    You definitely win!

  18. #18
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,133
    Here is a partial list. I have trouble remembering all my past cars.

    1947 Ford 1 ton truck
    1948 Chrysler Windsor
    1950 Dodge B2C truck
    1952 Dodge B3PW Power Wagon
    1954 Dodge Coronet
    (2) 1955 Plymouth Savoys
    1955 Dodge Coronet
    1955 Ford Fairlane
    1956 Plymouth Savoy
    1957 Chevy 3200 pickup
    1958 Plymouth Suburban wagon (my first driver)
    1959 Dodge Royal
    1961 Plymouth Valiant (learned to drive in this one)
    1962 Ford Galaxie 500XL
    1963 Plymouth Belvedere
    1964 Ford Galaxie
    1965 Plymouth Fury I
    1967 Fury II
    1967 Ford Galaxie
    1968 Plymouth Satellite wagon (made into a cloned Road Runner wagon)
    1969 Chrysler Newport
    1969 Dodge Monaco
    1969 Mercury Marquis
    1970 Dodge D-100
    1970 Chevy Malibu
    1971 Dodge D-100 (still have)
    1971 VW based tube frame dune buggy
    1972 Chevrolet El Camino SS
    1972 Mercury Comet
    1973 Pontiac (forget the model)
    1973 Plymouth Gold Duster
    1975 Dodge Royal Monaco
    1975 Cadillac Eldorado
    1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham
    1978 Plymouth Trailduster
    1979 Chevrolet Caprice
    1980 Chrysler New Yorker
    1982 Mercedes 380SL (Still have)
    1984 Dodge W-150 (still have)
    1986 S-10
    1988 S-10 (replaced the '86 after a wreck)
    1988 Dodge Diplomat
    1989 Chevrolet C3500 1 ton dually
    1990 Toyota Camry
    1993 Dodge Dakota
    1993 Lincoln Town Car
    1994 Dodge Caravan
    1994 Dodge Ram 1500
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
    1998 Ford Taurus (Still have)
    1998 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (police car)
    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

    This is just sitting for 5 minutes and thinking about my former cars. Every time I was going to post it, I'd think of another one, or two, or five.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  19. #19
    Three.

    1999 Honda Accord (died in a wreck)
    2000 Honda Odyssey (tranny failed, was nothing but problems anyway)
    2009 Honda Accord (current ride, I love it)
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Similar Threads

  1. Cars I've owned . . .
    By Eric in forum Piece of sheet cars
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. Longest I've owned a car
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
  3. How many cars have you owned (and what were they)?
    By ReasonOne in forum Classic Car Corner
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 07:19 AM
  4. Muscle cars you've owned (or at least driven)
    By Eric in forum Performance/Muscle Cars
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
  5. Worstcar you ever owned?
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •