Thread: S.C. Lt.Gov Takes Heat For Wanting To Starve The Hungry

S.C. Lt.Gov Takes Heat For Wanting To Starve The Hungry

The Lt. Governor of South Carolina, Andre Bauer, is taking heat for suggesting that feeding the poor only exacerbates the problem:

"“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

STORY

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mase View Post
    The Lt. Governor of South Carolina, Andre Bauer, is taking heat for suggesting that feeding the poor only exacerbates the problem:

"“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

STORY
    Of course.

Being right in this country is increasingly not allowed....

Staff
    This is the same Lt Gov that was going 100 in a 70 and didn't receive a ticket. My question is why is the speed limit still 70 mph?

Hypocritical bastard.

Young twit too. I don't particularly like what he said.... Some people are desperate through no fault of their own. These are not normal times. He's living in a bubble. I'd like to pop it.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    This is the same Lt Gov that was going 100 in a 70 and didn't receive a ticket. My question is why is the speed limit still 70 mph?

Hypocritical bastard.

Young twit too. I don't particularly like what he said.... Some people are desperate through no fault of their own. These are not normal times. He's living in a bubble. I'd like to pop it.
    He may be a dick but I don't disagree with him about forced transfer payments to the incorrigible irresponsible. We have multi-generational welfare fambuhlies in this country - and I feel no moral obligation to support their breeding and feeding.

If we're going to have public assistance, it ought to be tightly regulated so that it helps people who are otherwise responsible but need temporary relief. No open-ended entitlement. No paying for endless child birfs (mandatory sterilization or loss of all benefits upon a second pregnancy while on the dole).

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    He may be a dick but I don't disagree with him about forced transfer payments to the incorrigible irresponsible. We have multi-generational welfare fambuhlies in this country - and I feel no moral obligation to support their breeding and feeding.

If we're going to have public assistance, it ought to be tightly regulated so that it helps people who are otherwise responsible but need temporary relief. No open-ended entitlement. No paying for endless child birfs (mandatory sterilization or loss of all benefits upon a second pregnancy while on the dole).

I could go with mandatory sterilization. Put that way, that's not too much to ask.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

I could go with mandatory sterilization. Put that way, that's not too much to ask. I thought welfare reform got rid of welfare as we knew it. Welfare wasn't a particularly big problem until we started hemorrhaging jobs about 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I could go with mandatory sterilization. Put that way, that's not too much to ask. I thought welfare reform got rid of welfare as we knew it. Welfare wasn't a particularly big problem until we started hemorrhaging jobs about 25 years ago.
    I bet most taxpaying Americans could go for it, too!

There are millions of maggots on welfare in this country - and many of them breed like proverbial rabbits. Indeed, one of the biggest "poverty pathologies" this country has to deal with is people reproducing who can't afford to care for their crotchfruit.

That could be dealt with - fairly - by making public assistance conditional and limited. One kid, ok. But when you do it again - produce another child you can't care for - either you agree to be sterilized so that taxpayers' exposure to your gross irresponsibility is somewhat contained. Or you forfeit any claim to public assistance.