Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Motorcycle Lift

  1. #21
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    That thing is bad to the bone. The price reflects it too!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  2. #22
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Holly shit. I emailed them asking the price. They contacted me back in less than five seconds.

    $895

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  3. #23
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Holly shit. I emailed them asking the price. They contacted me back in less than five seconds.

    $895
    Might be worth it... Here's how I look at it:

    "Save" by buying the low-cost (cheaply built) unit - which fails soon thereafter, forcing you to go out and buy a good unit.

    Or, just buy the known good unit first time out!

  4. #24
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Might be worth it... Here's how I look at it:

    "Save" by buying the low-cost (cheaply built) unit - which fails soon thereafter, forcing you to go out and buy a good unit.

    Or, just buy the known good unit first time out!

    When it comes to tools of any sort there is no substitute for quality - and when safety is involved as well its a no-brainer, Dom.

    Khen.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  5. #25
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Eric and Ken, yeah for sure!

    I asked about the optional side plates and they are an additional $250.

    Going to buy the whole deal.

    Thanks for finding that Eric!

    Only problem now, I can't get it to the shed because the freaking snow.

    Going to pull the trigger on it this week though for sure.

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  6. #26
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Eric and Ken, yeah for sure!

    I asked about the optional side plates and they are an additional $250.

    Going to buy the whole deal.

    Thanks for finding that Eric!

    Only problem now, I can't get it to the shed because the freaking snow.

    Going to pull the trigger on it this week though for sure.
    Excellent!

    And don't sweat the snow. It'll be gone in a few weeks... we hope!

  7. #27
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    All projects at my home are pretty much at a stand still. We still have all (almost three feet) of the snow on the ground. My driveway is a bobsled track!

    I am pumped on this lift!

    Come on tax return baby!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  8. #28
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Aight Dustin over at Superlifts.com helped me out.






    We are working on the final numbers now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  9. #29
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    It will be here in two weeks!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  10. #30
    Senior Member J. ZIMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    THE HIGH DESERT, OREGON
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    It will be here in two weeks!
    Looks like a better unit that what we have seen here. Might be a little more green, but remember "Safety First Pays Dividends". (c) j. zimm 1975

  11. #31
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Aight Dustin over at Superlifts.com helped me out.






    We are working on the final numbers now.
    That's the ticket; when your bike's up in the air (and you're squatting next to it/under it) I think you'll be liking it even more!

  12. #32
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by J. ZIMM View Post
    "Safety First Pays Dividends". (c) j. zimm 1975

    I like that!

    This is going to be my most useful tool to date!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  13. #33
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Aight, I have a small section all framed out and cute looking. 104.5" x 28.5" x 7" deep

    Chicken wire, re-bar, and a tied in ready to go.

    Even have 30 bags of concrete.

    Weather is too cold though. Did some research and it said I would compromise the strength of the pour by 50% if the temperature is less the 40 degrees.

    Well shet!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  14. #34
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Aight, I have a small section all framed out and cute looking. 104.5" x 28.5" x 7" deep

    Chicken wire, re-bar, and a tied in ready to go.

    Even have 30 bags of concrete.

    Weather is too cold though. Did some research and it said I would compromise the strength of the pour by 50% if the temperature is less the 40 degrees.

    Well shet!
    Dude,

    Do you have a large capacity mixer? It is extremely difficult to prepare/work with large quantities of concrete "by hand." You want (ideally) all your concrete mixed/ready to pour at once - not in several small batches. It's hard to maintain consistency if you don't; the first batches will start to harden while you're trying to prep the second and subsequent batches - plus, it's possible you will have variation in the water/mix ratio from the different batches.

    Basically, for any large work, you'd ideally want a cee-ment truck to back up and dump the load, then work it.

  15. #35
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Well dammit!

    You don't think I can mix up 24 bags in a jiffy lube? Then have it in the hole and ready to harden quick enough?

    My buddy Dan said the same shet.

    Might just end up renting a mixer then.

    Hope the weather warms up soon.

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  16. #36
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,751
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Well dammit!

    You don't think I can mix up 24 bags in a jiffy lube? Then have it in the hole and ready to harden quick enough?

    My buddy Dan said the same shet.

    Might just end up renting a mixer then.

    Hope the weather warms up soon.
    I'm with Dan.

    I have been there/done that - and I'll you what: Concrete is heavy as hell and until you've tried mixing individual bags, you won't appreciate what a PITAS it is - and how hard it is to mix any quantity (more than 2-3 bags, which won't cover shit, by the way) "at once" and spread it before it starts to set up.

    Seriously - get a mixer/order a truck and have 'em just back up to your site and dump the concrete. It's really the only way to do it right....

  17. #37
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm with Dan.

    I have been there/done that - and I'll you what: Concrete is heavy as hell and until you've tried mixing individual bags, you won't appreciate what a PITAS it is - and how hard it is to mix any quantity (more than 2-3 bags, which won't cover shit, by the way) "at once" and spread it before it starts to set up.

    Seriously - get a mixer/order a truck and have 'em just back up to your site and dump the concrete. It's really the only way to do it right....
    Been there and done it - its a no brainer, order a 'Readymix' of the appropriate grade and get the truck to dump it straight in the hole. That way all you have to do is work all the bubbles out and level off.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  18. #38
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Too late on the truck bit. I already have all the bags!

    I have been collecting them slowly.

    After work I have been stopping by Home Depot and Lowes collecting two bags each day.

    Now I have 24! LOL

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  19. #39
    Administrator Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Too late on the truck bit. I already have all the bags!

    I have been collecting them slowly.

    After work I have been stopping by Home Depot and Lowes collecting two bags each day.

    Now I have 24! LOL
    Oh man!. Just a thought, how many friends have you got to give you a hand? Three or four should do it if'n you hire a mixer.

    Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

  20. #40
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    To be honest I don't have any friends! HA

    The few I do have live far away from me.

    I guess I could rent a mixer, I checked prices today and they are really cheap to rent. Think around $30 for a day.

    Thing holding me up and making me scared is the cold weather. I am considering my options now on how to fight that.

    Dan already told me he would come up next weekend. Dan is the man when it comes to shet like this too. He is a construction supervisor dude with a civil engineering degree!

    I really wanna get this slab on the ground because I have this lift coming soon.

    Got some big plans.. New rear tire, new front tire, install my starter I rebuilt, and boys I might be dropping some serious cash on a Baker six speed tranny for my unit!

    Oh, the six speed is kind of going to be a gift to myself. I got a new job and a raise!

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Similar Threads

  1. Idiots on lift trucks
    By grouch in forum Video clips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
  2. Can you do this on a motorcycle?
    By Adam in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 08:27 PM
  3. lift truck safety
    By grouch in forum Grouch's Garage
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 04:11 AM
  4. Motorcycle ad
    By grouch in forum Grouch's Garage
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM
  5. What should you look for in a motorcycle?
    By Eric in forum On Two Wheels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •