Thread: If you like cats....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

If you like cats....

This is "buddy shot" of our two boys, The Dude and Foxy. We are pretty sure they're related and may even be litter mates. Both were feral/strays who showed up last year and are now 100 percent indoor cats.

Very cool little beasts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This is "buddy shot" of our two boys, The Dude and Foxy. We are pretty sure they're related and may even be litter mates. Both were feral/strays who showed up last year and are now 100 percent indoor cats.

Very cool little beasts!
    Certainly looks like they share the same Mom and Pop. All our cats have adopted us, the last one, Paddy The Cat, literally just moved over the fence from a home he was unhappy in to us. His first 'Mum' upset him by firstly having a baby and then by bringing a dog into the house. Paddy's bro' Micky was totally laid back about it all but Paddy really suffered, his fur fell out in great chunks and he developed nasty skin ulcers - all caused by stress. So, being a cat of great intelligence - a 'thinking cat' - he hopped over the fence and took up residence in our shed. Slowly he moved himself from the shed to the house, much to the disgust of our other cat, Calico. It has taken over two years for the two of them to get reconciled but we can now, at last, go out and leave them together all day. Calico, so named because she is a Calico cat weighs under five pounds now (she is sixteen) whilst Paddy weighs in at a thumping nineteen pounds.

I was going to post pictures but, for some reason, not only can I not 'Back Page' I can't seem to be able to post 'attachments' now - b****r!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Hah!, see if this works. Used Quick Reply, switched to 'Advanced' and the 'Attachments' option seemed to work. Cali on the left and PTC on the right.

Ken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hah!, see if this works. Used Quick Reply, switched to 'Advanced' and the 'Attachments' option seemed to work. Cali on the left and PTC on the right.

Ken.
    Excellent!

And 19 pounds!

That is a large cat!

Did you know that cats go "THUMP" in the dryer? Now, before you think I abuse cats, I don't. My lady friend is a cat person. She'd had several if her apartments would let her. Years ago, she had a cat that liked yo get in the nice warm dryer. She was doing laundry and kept pulling it out to dry some more clothes. She thought it had gone into the other room and shut the door and hit start. It probably only turned over once or twice before she pulled the door open. It came out like it was shot oput of a cannon. It cured it of getting in though.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Did you know that cats go "THUMP" in the dryer? Now, before you think I abuse cats, I don't. My lady friend is a cat person. She'd had several if her apartments would let her. Years ago, she had a cat that liked yo get in the nice warm dryer. She was doing laundry and kept pulling it out to dry some more clothes. She thought it had gone into the other room and shut the door and hit start. It probably only turned over once or twice before she pulled the door open. It came out like it was shot oput of a cannon. It cured it of getting in though.
    We have seven cats - so that's happened to us, too! (Though we didn't turn on the dryer; saw the cat go in and pulled him out.)

The Dude (small cat on the left in the pic) is an interesting little guy. He has a Black Lab-like stubby/thick tail and a narrow head with larger eyes than the other cats. He's very expressive, too. Among other things, he will hop up on the counter and open and close his mouth at you while "slow blinking" (cats apparently do the latter as a sign of trust/affection). When I take an afternoon siesta he likes to snooze on my chest.