Thread: Coming to NOVA E.S.P.

Coming to NOVA E.S.P.

Soon to be arriving in Northern Virgina.

Remote Sensing Gas Analyzer Shit

If you see a van/vehicle at a bottle neck/road block type of deal that says "ESP" you are getting sniffed.

Yes sir, this shit is going to be set up on the ramps onto and off of the highway.

If you pass this shit twice in x amount of time (say two weeks) and your making some nice smog you will get a sweet ticket with your face and plate on it.
    Don't be riding dirty with a girlfriend if you have a wife. Her ass will be in the photo with you!

It will read something to the effect, you are fucking up our clean air space and we are recalling your plates motherfucker.

They will force you to get smog tested if you fail their sniff test.

This is a fact and it is coming to Northern Virginia.

I love you big brother!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Soon to be arriving in Northern Virgina.

Remote Sensing Gas Analyzer Shit

If you see a van/vehicle at a bottle neck/road block type of deal that says "ESP" you are getting sniffed.

Yes sir, this shit is going to be set up on the ramps onto and off of the highway.

If you pass this shit twice in x amount of time (say two weeks) and your making some nice smog you will get a sweet ticket with your face and plate on it.
    Don't be riding dirty with a girlfriend if you have a wife. Her ass will be in the photo with you!

It will read something to the effect, you are fucking up our clean air space and we are recalling your plates motherfucker.

They will force you to get smog tested if you fail their sniff test.

This is a fact and it is coming to Northern Virginia.

I love you big brother!

I heard about this, amigo - thanks for keeping your ears to the ground....

NoVa is Hell on Earth. I am grateful every day I escaped....

Yeah, I was at my buddy's "real" shop (my buddy with the top notch operation, where I learned to work cars back in the day). Anyhow, he informed me about it. I guess he went to some class on it and how the whole process is going to work. I was shocked, so I came home and researched it for a bit last night.

I just can't understand it.

We have so many fees incorporated with driving an automobile and they are increases at an increases rate, so it seems.

How are these laws being passed?

By elitist, arrogant, ignorant and totally out of touch (and don't give a shit that they are out of touch) politicians and bureaucrats.

We are long overdue for a major overhaul of this country's operating system.

note: I think Eric edited my post and wrote this instead by accident over my reply.

-Mussolini

Dont we already have smog tests? I live in Arlington (Robert E Lee's hometown) and I have to get smogged every year already.
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Yeah, we already have smog tests.

Here is the kicker on this test, this applies to ANY car entering the "clean airspace" twice within a two week period and showing up as riding dirty.

Basically, getting the fucking long distance commuters who already have enough to worry about doing a 100 mile or more commute everyday!

Targeting those individuals who live in counties that don't have smog tests, but still drive to the metro area. Basically, me.

Shit really really upsets me.

-Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    Dont we already have smog tests? I live in Arlington (Robert E Lee's hometown) and I have to get smogged every year already.
    Yes - but these are different.

The annual test is the one you go to a shop for. The thing Dom is talking about are mobile - and random - "sniffers" that sample the exhaust of passing cars to look for violators.

Yeah, we already have smog tests.

Here is the kicker on this test, this applies to ANY car entering the "clean airspace" twice within a two week period and showing up as riding dirty.

Basically, getting the fucking long distance commuters who already have enough to worry about doing a 100 mile or more commute everyday!

Targeting those individuals who live in counties that don't have smog tests, but still drive to the metro area. Basically, me.

Shit really really upsets me.
    But I wonder whether they can actually do anything to such people? I mean, if you live in a county (or state) that either doesn't have smog or has different smog standards - and you're legal in the county/state in which the vehicle is registered - how can they do anything to you?

As I see it, it's like if you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate or state safety inspection. You can still drive across state lines - and not have to worry about being fucked with by the authorities.

If I got a smog ticket, I'd just throw it in the woods....

Dude, you can do the cross country bit and roll through the smog road block no problem. BUT ONLY ONCE in X amount of time.

If you go through the traps twice in that specified time frame your fucked!

You are contaminating the metro area's "clean air space."

The driver will then receive a ticket in the mail with both your plate and your face requesting you to report to the nearest smog station.

Here is another kicker.. If you pass the smog check there is no fee and the car shop basically did a free service because the government will not pay them anything! LOL My buddy with the shop is pissed about the fact that he will be doing some for free.

-Mussolini

Dude, you can do the cross country bit and roll through the smog road block no problem. BUT ONLY ONCE in X amount of time.

If you go through the traps twice in that specified time frame your fucked!

You are contaminating the metro area's "clean air space."

The driver will then receive a ticket in the mail with both your plate and your face requesting you to report to the nearest smog station.

Here is another kicker.. If you pass the smog check there is no fee and the car shop basically did a free service because the government will not pay them anything! LOL My buddy with the shop is pissed about the fact that he will be doing some for free.
    But how can they do this legally?

I mean: Let's say I commute from Floyd to DC for work. In my county, there is no emissions test requirement. My vehicle is legally registered and in full compliance with the law in the county where it is registered.

Fairfax can't make me "smog check" my vehicle if its registered in Floyd.

Has it become illegal for me to commute? I don't see how this would hold up in court. I'd just say Fuck You Very Much and throw the ticket in the woods!

Dude, that is what the heck I am talking about!

I mean, as good as throwing shit in the woods sounds - when the SWAT Team shows up at your house to help the government confiscate your possessions and throw your ass in jail it's not going to seem like it was such a good idea.

I'm telling you man, that is EXACTLY what they are going to do!

If you are in the "clean airspace" your shit box better be running in accordance with their regulations/standards.

This law is DIRECTED as the commuters dude! Has to be. It's their way to nail the counties that don't participate in smog checks!

Perhaps the back country living you've been enjoying for the past couple years has helped you forgot what a fucked environment the DC metro area is.

I hate driving up toward that way for work. I get off the highway right before the traffic really starts. But dude, I've tried to get jobs that pay in locations I enjoy. It's not possible!

-Mussolini

I know how FUBAR it is up there, but I have trouble believing that they can legally ticket a driver (or force him to have his car smog checked) if that driver lives in another county/state and is legally registered in his county/state and in compliance with whatever laws apply there.

Do you have the actual law (and language) available? I'd like to see it...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Do you have the actual law (and language) available? I'd like to see it...

No, just word of mouth from my buddy (the reliable one) not the DH that runs his garage like auto shop class in 9th grade.

I will research and find the literature though.

But think about it dude, why would they be concerned with residents in that particular area? They are already subject to smog checks!

They are, from a business perspective, increasing their target market.

Forced increase.

-Mussolini

"But think about it dude, why would they be concerned with residents in that particular area? They are already subject to smog checks! "

It's a legal/legalistic issue... along these lines:

"Joe" lives in a Virginia county that does not require emissions tests. He may therefore legally drive a vehicle registered to him, in that county, across the county (or state) line into a county (or state) where emissions tests are required for all vehicles registered in that county (or state).

So long as it is not registered in a given county, a vehicle is not subject to that county's emissions laws and they they can't legally ticket or fine an out-of-county driver for not having followed/obeyed that county's emissions laws. (Though it's entirely possible they will send them harassing letters about their vehicle being a "gross polluter" - but there's no enforcement/teeth behind that.)

I think what your friend may be talking about are efforts to get "cheaters" - people who do live in, say, Fairfax - but register their car in, say, Floyd (using a mail drop, etc.) in order to avoid getting smog checked.

But so long as your legal residence is in a county where there's no emissions testing and your vehicle is registered to you, in that county, I doubt very much that Fairfax or any other county can ticket you for "smog."

That said, I think statewide emissions tests are coming.... but maybe we'll be lucky and the US/federal government will fall apart before then!

I hope you are right about trying to just get the "cheaters."

When I get some time I am going to try and look up the facts.

-Mussolini

Here you go holmes!

"Identify high emitting vehicles that are registered in Virginia, but outside
    the Northern Virginia I/M area and that operate primarily within the
    program area. These vehicles must be brought into compliance with I/M
    standards."

Found it between pages 2 & 3.

http://jcots.state.va.us/2009%20Cont...s/OnRoad07.pdf

Pretty much what I said..

And it goes further too!

"Identify vehicles that are registered outside Virginia, but operate primarily
    within the program area and are high emitters. These vehicles will be
    referred to authorities in the states in which they are registered concerning
    compliance with I/M standards."

Holly shit.

I love you big brother.

-Mussolini