Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rib Eye Steak Run

Rib Eye Steak Run

I'm leaving in the morning for 4 to 5 weeks. If you want, you can follow along on this site which I will update when ever I get internet. I'm Oldtimer on this board. I posted first in the ride planning section and we have had offers to meet us at our stops and treat us to a steak dinner. One guy on the Ural board rides around asking for bacon. I decided to go first class.

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=2&t=10628

Quote Originally Posted by Litlbike View Post
    I'm leaving in the morning for 4 to 5 weeks. If you want, you can follow along on this site which I will update when ever I get internet. I'm Oldtimer on this board. I posted first in the ride planning section and we have had offers to meet us at our stops and treat us to a steak dinner. One guy on the Ural board rides around asking for bacon. I decided to go first class.

Have a great, safe trip, Barry and I'm with you all the way on the Rib Eye, especially with a spinach salad with a hot bacon dressing..

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 02-05-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Have a great adventure and I'll be looking forward reading your stories. Be careful with that Ural but at least it's not a Toyota.

Damn, you're into Steak? What happened to the KFC Buffet??

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieCLU View Post
    Damn, you're into Steak? What happened to the KFC Buffet??
    Someone else is buying.

If you haven't gone to Barry's ride report thread yet on Soviet Steeds you might want to check it out. He's on his way and He's already scored his first dinner. He has his best gal, Tripper, with him too. This is going to be a fun one. Go Barry Go!
    Last edited by Ladybug; 02-08-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Sherry
    Never lost, always on an adventure !

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Man, I love a good ribeye...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    If you haven't gone to Barry's ride report thread yet on Soviet Steeds you might want to check it out. He's on his way and He's already scored his first dinner. He has his best gal, Tripper, with him too. This is going to be a fun one. Go Barry Go!
    I was wondering where Comrade Tripper was, Sherry. Barry's favourite travelling companion has not been shown in any recent pictures and there is no sign of her in the trip photos so far. Glad to know she is OK and still enjoying their travels together.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I was wondering where Comrade Tripper was, Sherry. Barry's favourite travelling companion has not been shown in any recent pictures and there is no sign of her in the trip photos so far. Glad to know she is OK and still enjoying their travels together.

Ken.

She is in plenty of photos on the second page. She is a real trouper and a pleasure to have a long.

She is in plenty of photos on the second page. She is a real trouper and a pleasure to have a long.
    Ah! Senior moment there, Barry - I hadn't spotted there was a 'Page 2'. Nice to see the old gal looking as soulful as ever, and pleased to know she is still happily joining you on your travels.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

OK Ken, go to page three now.

OK Ken, go to page three now.
    Hey Lordy lookee - I got me an auto updater. Looks like the trip is going well so far. Tripper looks very much at home in her sleeping bag, at least I assume that it hers or has she just annexed yours, Barry. Anyway, give her a hug from me.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hey Lordy lookee - I got me an auto updater. Looks like the trip is going well so far. Tripper looks very much at home in her sleeping bag, at least I assume that it hers or has she just annexed yours, Barry. Anyway, give her a hug from me.

Ken.
    Let's put it this way, she THINKS it's hers. LOL

Let's put it this way, she THINKS it's hers. LOL

Or could it just be that it is you that (mistakenly) think it is yours, Barry? Looks like you, Tripper and Charlie are having a whale of a trip. I see my auto-updater only worked the once but never mind, I'm with you all the way to page five of your report so far. The food looks great, I just cannot believe the size of the meals you folk eat - biking in the States must use up an incredible amount of energy. Have a safe return journey guys.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Ken, someone kicked it over to page 6 - - - time to flip the page again.
    Sherry

Ken, someone kicked it over to page 6 - - - time to flip the page again.

MMWWWAAAHHHH! to Sherry. Where would this poor old feller be without y'all.

Ken. (Wandering off to see if he can find 'Page 6'.)
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Oops, I dropped the ball and forgot to remind you to turn to page 7. It's time to go to page 7 ----> http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10628&sid=69faa9d0fa0271083da69f9be9bb4f54&start=90

Barry's almost home and it sure looks like he's been having a ton of fun. I can't believe I'm not with him. Then again I'm not sure we could stand each other that long
    Sherry

Oops, I dropped the ball and forgot to remind you to turn to page 7. It's time to go to page 7 ----> http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10628&sid=69faa9d0fa0271083da69f9be9bb4f54&start=90

Barry's almost home and it sure looks like he's been having a ton of fun. I can't believe I'm not with him. Then again I'm not sure we could stand each other that long
    Once again, thanks for the heads-up, Sherry, just gets more fascinating with every page, doesn't it. (Bet you wish you were there with them but, as Barry said, someone has to earn the money to pay the taxes.) Those guys are having the trip of a lifetime and are almost getting blasé about it. Urals seem to be great bikes for that sort of journey, they just take everything in their stride.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

I talked with Barry this morning and yes, I sure do wish I would have been with them. I love Death Valley - It's too bad he didn't post about the time there but that was another guys ride and Barry resepected his ride and left that part up to him. Shhhhhhhh - Don't tell Barry but I prefer his writing style and the pictures he's been taking. The other guy (Mr Cobb) has a ride report started now but my buddy hasn't shown up in it yet only the mention of some Berry . When/if he shows up in that ride report I'll be sure to add a link here so you all can check it out too.
    Sherry

Looking at the pictures of Barry and his daughters, his ex-wife must have been a beautiful woman....