Thread: '60s today and sunny!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

'60s today and sunny!

... so naturally, I washed one of the four bikes sitting in the "museum" to get it ready for the (hopefully) soon to be here decent riding weather.

Got some work ahead of me - four oil changes, two valve clearance checks and at least two brake/clutch fluid changeouts....

Mid-60's on Saturday.
    I cleaned & lubed the chain on the mountain bike, then ran errands around town.

Need to find a bike shop. I had a shop in Charlotte change the brake fluid, and they put too much in, so now the brake levers are too tight and the front disc drags.

The place in Charlotte looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them to change it out. I explained that DOT-3 fluid is hygroscopic and needs to be changed every 2 years, but it was like telling them the sky was green polka-dots. Should have stopped right there and found a different shop...

Chip H.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ... so naturally, I washed one of the four bikes sitting in the "museum" to get it ready for the (hopefully) soon to be hear decent riding weather.

Got some work ahead of me - four oil changes, two valve clearance checks and at least two brake/clutch fluid changeouts....
    Broke the bike out of jail Saturday, Hooked the camper to it and brought them both home. Dropped the camper off at the shack and went for a short ride.
    Went out for a ride on Sunday with the wife. only put on around 150 miles. It was in the mid to upper 50s and sunny. Sure did feel good to ride again. Going to be dropping the bike off for the 20,000 mile service, new tires front and rear, and a couple other minor things. Then it will be ready for the run to the Pacific northwest in June.... Bring it on !!!!!!!!!