Thread: Got my Census "warning letter" ....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Got my Census "warning letter" ....

Yesterday I got a letter from Uncle Shithead advising me that my "Census" form was coming - though of course it's much more than the lawful head count specified by the Constitution and thus not a "census" but more like a survey/interrogation.

The letter explained that it was important I provide whatever info the government demanded, in order that my state/county get its "fair share" of federal funding. Since I want nothing that's not mine - and have zero interest in partaking of organized thievery - none of this pertains to me, as far as I am concerned.

The letter was also full of thinly veiled threats about what may happen if I don't roll over and present my belly and do/provide whatever the government demands of me.

I haven't decided yet what exactly I will in fact do. Ideally, I'd like to provide the lawful/constitutionally authorized information - two adults live here - and no more.

But I know if I don't fill out the entire form, it will only focus attention I don't want on us.

Maybe the best course is to just throw the fucking thing in the trash and ignore it.

If they send a tax-feeding parasite to my house, I could just ignore that bastard, too.

I'm tempted to answer the door and tell the son of a bitch to get off my land, but I know that, too, would just prompt more harassment from these useless eaters.

Do any of you plan to avoid filling out the forms or the cretins who apparently will be coming to your door?

Staff
    I threw the notice out. I have never been required to participate in a census before. I plan on telling the cretins that "I don't know" in response to the questions beyond the number of people living in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I threw the notice out. I have never been required to participate in a census before. I plan on telling the cretins that "I don't know" in response to the questions beyond the number of people living in the house.
    That's a good one!

Play dumb... the tax-eater parasite who questions you will be flummoxed!

I would really like to avoid filling it out, but like you I don't want the unnecessary attention either. If only there was an organized group (50% of the population) who were not filling anything out other than question number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yesterday I got a letter from Uncle Shithead advising me that my "Census" form was coming - though of course it's much more than the lawful head count specified by the Constitution and thus not a "census" but more like a survey/interrogation.

The letter explained that it was important I provide whatever info the government demanded, in order that my state/county get its "fair share" of federal funding. Since I want nothing that's not mine - and have zero interest in partaking of organized thievery - none of this pertains to me, as far as I am concerned.

The letter was also full of thinly veiled threats about what may happen if I don't roll over and present my belly and do/provide whatever the government demands of me.
    I heard on the news that it cost $42,000,000 to send that letter telling us they would soon send the census form

I'll answer some basic questions, but depending how invasive it is, others may go unaswered.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    I would really like to avoid filling it out, but like you I don't want the unnecessary attention either. If only there was an organized group (50% of the population) who were not filling anything out other than question number 1.
    I think they can only fine you $100 for refusing to answer. The penalties are higher for providing deliberately incorrect information.

But, fuck it - at some point I think we have to take a stand. I'm willing to risk $100. Maybe even more.

I have had enough.

You didn't even have to open the letter to see the threat.

Every envelope from the US Government has the warning on it: "Penalty for private use: $300" on it somewhere.

Chip H.

I'm just going to ignore it. If somebody asks, I'll just claim I was too busy at work and didn't notice it (the Census coincides nicely with tax season, so I have a ready excuse). Whatever you do, DON'T only partially fill out the form, or provide false answers, or smarta** responses, no matter how tempting. Supposedly it's a federal offense to not answer completely and truthfully, and given this administration's blatant disregard for the rule of law when it doesn't suit their motives, don't put it past them to send a goon squad after you.