Thread: Here's why they hate us...

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Here's why they hate us...

And it's not because of our "freedoms" -

http://www.prisonplanet.com/this-is-...y-hate-us.html

See also the Wikileak video of Apache gunships mowing down a group of Iraqis for no apparent reason...

Payback is going to be a bitch for us, I suspect.

It's a shame they have to act that way....no wonder they don't want us there. But I think the things they go through and the stress of living there may cause some of it. There is no reason to intentionally beat someone, especially children, without just cause. It just makes us look like monsters.

The guy filming sounded like he was jacking off....to little boys.....

Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    It's a shame they have to act that way....no wonder they don't want us there. But I think the things they go through and the stress of living there may cause some of it. There is no reason to intentionally beat someone, especially children, without just cause. It just makes us look like monsters.

The guy filming sounded like he was jacking off....to little boys.....
    I understand the soldiers becoming psychopaths; it goes with the experience. The fault lies as much with the government that put them in the situation as it does with the soldiers themselves.

We're an occupying army in a country where we have no business being. The populace hates us - understandably - and the soldiers hate the populace, equally understandably.

So the question is: Why the "F" are we there at all? Whose interests are being served? It's not the people's. It's not the soldiers... it's certainly not "America's."

So, who benefits?

Soldiers have to have all the humanity trained out of them, or they'd never pull the trigger. Remorse leads to hesitation.

War is ugly. Collateral damage is inevitable, mistakes are inevitable. We have to accept that if we wish to go to war.

But we don't accept that. Which is why America should get out of the war business, we don't have the stomach for it. We can start 'em okay, but when it comes to prosecuting an effective war to the finish, we can't do it anymore, and haven't since 1944.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    Soldiers have to have all the humanity trained out of them, or they'd never pull the trigger. Remorse leads to hesitation.

War is ugly. Collateral damage is inevitable, mistakes are inevitable. We have to accept that if we wish to go to war.

But we don't accept that. Which is why America should get out of the war business, we don't have the stomach for it. We can start 'em okay, but when it comes to prosecuting an effective war to the finish, we can't do it anymore, and haven't since 1944.
    If the war is justified, then such actions are acceptable. But this war isn't justified. We assaulted a country that never attacked us, or was in any position to attack us. Hence, we never had the moral high ground - which is why we are destined to lose.

Obama's no better than the Chimp he succeeded. They're all cut from the same cloth.