Thread: "President" to replace "Ni**er"?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

"President" to replace "Ni**er"?

What a crock! The word nigger is only bad because some people made it bad. Just like the word liberal. Or gay.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    What a crock! The word nigger is only bad because some people made it bad. Just like the word liberal. Or gay.
    I'm sick of black hypersensitivity as well as the obsession with everything "black."

On the one hand, we're supposed to be color-blind and ignore race. Except when it comes to blacks. Then it's ok to be obsessed with race - provided it's deferential and even worshipful.

Black history month. Black (Or "African American") this, black that.

And all of it must be reverently spoken of and treated with utmost respect.

On the other hand, we're not supposed to notice (let alone mention) that blacks, though accounting for just 13 percent of the population, are several times more likely than whites to commit murder or rape, to be on welfare or otherwise a drain on society.

That would be rayciss n' shit, you know.

I liked it a lot better when every commercial on TV didn't have to have at least one black in it, when sitcoms and movies didn't constantly force-feed audiences "black" this and "black" that - when it was ok for the majority to expect the culture to reflect it, not minorities.

Word up, all you presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

I liked it a lot better when every commercial on TV didn't have to have at least one black in it, when sitcoms and movies didn't constantly force-feed audiences "black" this and "black" that - when it was ok for the majority to expect the culture to reflect it, not minorities.
    I agree that Blacks are vastly over-represented in the media these days, often gratuitously so, relative to their actual percentage of the population. Like the comical inclusion of Blacks in Robin Hood and King Arthur films for example. I don't think it's necessary for every viewer to feel included all the time. Not to mention music, although their contributions in the fields of Jazz, Blues, and R&B were vastly important (to the genre), particularly between say 1917 and 1973.

I don't think it's quite fair to hold that against President Obama though.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    I agree that Blacks are vastly over-represented in the media these days, often gratuitously so, relative to their actual percentage of the population. Like the comical inclusion of Blacks in Robin Hood and King Arthur films for example. I don't think it's necessary for every viewer to feel included all the time. Not to mention music, although their contributions in the fields of Jazz, Blues, and R&B were vastly important (to the genre), particularly between say 1917 and 1973.

I don't think it's quite fair to hold that against President Obama though.
    I don't hate Obama because he's black. I hate his statist/corporatist/fascist policies. He's just another street thug - only he has the entire federal government as his "gun."

But the Gibs muh Dat! is exactly the same.