Thread: How rare are flower cars?

How rare are flower cars?

How rare are flower cars? I have read that they are extremely rare and that fewer than ten were produced every year. Is this true?

I have found a running driving 1972 Cadillac flower car in my area on CL. I was just wondering if they have any real value or if they are rare, but worthless. He isn't asking that much (I don't think).

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1673245001.html

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    How rare are flower cars? I have read that they are extremely rare and that fewer than ten were produced every year. Is this true?

I have found a running driving 1972 Cadillac flower car in my area on CL. I was just wondering if they have any real value or if they are rare, but worthless. He isn't asking that much (I don't think).

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1673245001.html
    I rarely see them and my guess is very few are being made anymore - chiefly because (I suspect) the vast majority of people can't afford to spend the money on them/flowers. Probably the only people doing it are Michael Jackson-type celebrities and rich mafiosi.

When I croak, throw me in the woods.

I have never understood the way so many people who really can't afford it throw thousands (and even tens of thousands) of dollars away on a corpse.

What the F does a dead body need a mahogany and silk-lined coffin for?

But that Craigs Caddy looks like a deal. 38k miles and it appears to be in very nice shape... for the cost of a seedy eight year old Corolla!

Flower cars are mainly a modified hearse. It comes under the heading of a professional car. There s a professional car society and I'm sure they can give you numbers. Flower cars don't get much use so when they are retired they still have lots of life left in them. A local glass shop got one and built a van body on the back. The large sides make for very effective advertising.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.