Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wanna' laugh at me for being a dumb@$$?

  1. #1

    Wanna' laugh at me for being a dumb@$$?

    On my way home from work today, I was fiddling with the CD player and not paying much attention to traffic. I accidentally cut off another car on my way down I-395. Guess who I cut off - a fully marked State Police car. DUHHHHH! Now I owe the Commonwealth of Virginia a nice hunk out of my next paycheck. I wont contest this one, as Im stone cold guilty and will pay as soon as my paycheck clears.

    How about THAT for being a brain donor, uh?
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

  2. #2
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    On my way home from work today, I was fiddling with the CD player and not paying much attention to traffic. I accidentally cut off another car on my way down I-395. Guess who I cut off - a fully marked State Police car. DUHHHHH! Now I owe the Commonwealth of Virginia a nice hunk out of my next paycheck. I wont contest this one, as Im stone cold guilty and will pay as soon as my paycheck clears.

    How about THAT for being a brain donor, uh?
    Well, it happens!

    Sorry to hear - but glad that's all it was. Imagine if you'd hit the Trooper?

  3. #3
    That sucks! Did he ask why you cut him off?

    That's why I drive a car without a CD player...

  4. #4
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    That sucks! Did he ask why you cut him off?

    That's why I drive a car without a CD player...
    I just remembered: I can beat this story!

    Back in my college days, I went out drinking/bar-hopping with a buddy. I took my '78 Camaro, which was partially primered and had a loud 350 under the hood.

    Well, I got to a point where I felt too drunk to even think about driving. So, naturally, I turned the keys over to my just-as-drunk buddy! We head for another bar down the road, us reeking of whiskey and a half-full bottle in the car for good measure.

    To get to the bar, you've gotta make a left at a light. We pull into the turn lane to wait for the green. As we're sitting, a county cop pulls in behind us. The light turns green and my idiot buddy punches it. The Camaro's tires squeal and we go slithering across the intersection, the car fishtailing like a just-landed largemouth bass.

    The cop - not unexpectedly - lights 'em up and we both pull into the adjacent parking lot.

    But fortune smiled on us. It was the 1980s - and things were very different than they are today.

    The cop just made us park the car and promise we wouldn't drive. He did give my buddy a ticket for "reckless driving" - but no Breathalyzler and no DWI!

    You had to be there. It was a totally different America.

    You could also pay cash for an airplane ticket, without showing any ID at all. An you could smoke in the airport! (Not that I do/did, but I love the principle... . )

    The authorities needed to get an actual warrant to search you, too.

    I miss the old America a lot....

  5. #5
    Senior Member grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    I did something similar back around 1990. I was sitting at a light behind a car. The road went straight but was marked right turn only. When the light turned green, traffic started going forward and the car ahead of me pulled up a bit but stopped in the intersection. Now, everybody always went straight at this light. I waited a bit for the car ahead of me to go but he sat there. So I passed him on the right. Now, I'm passing a car on the right in an intersection and I was in a hurry and chirped the tires. As soon as I got ahead of him the lights lit up. Darn, it was an unmarked State Trooper.

    I got a bit of a break though. He was getting ready to retire and was running for Sheriff where I work. All I got was an "imporper lane usage" ticket. He could have written a bunch more. Then again, he did get elected but wasn't in office very long due to irregularities with some of the jail trustees doing work at his home.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

    Text if you want to meet him.

  6. #6
    Ridin Dirty dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Front Royal, VA
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    On my way home from work today, I was fiddling with the CD player and not paying much attention to traffic. I accidentally cut off another car on my way down I-395. Guess who I cut off - a fully marked State Police car. DUHHHHH! Now I owe the Commonwealth of Virginia a nice hunk out of my next paycheck. I wont contest this one, as Im stone cold guilty and will pay as soon as my paycheck clears.

    How about THAT for being a brain donor, uh?
    Well all do it from time to time, it's the people that do it all the time that are the real problem!

    I don't cell phone, or play the radio in the car.

    I do; however, take pictures! HA

    "Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

  7. #7
    Senior Member J. ZIMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    THE HIGH DESERT, OREGON
    Posts
    371
    That is what causes accidents in the first place. Fiddling around with stuff in the car. With more junk that is in the car, the better possibility of having an accident is greater. Kids screaming, bouncing around like a Golf Ball in a steel box, doesn't help either. Lets see, GPS, CD Player, Cup Holders, Burgers and Fries, a Coke to put in that cup holder. Slap the gear shift, Tune the Radio, Punch up that favorite tune on the CD... Oh Shit, There's a Truck up ahead... Dropped the Coke between my legs... Where's that damn cup holder. Here you hang on to it. Gotta switch lanes. Quit messing with that Radio, and take this Burger....NOW. Jeeze, was I going that fast? Darn near hit the back end of that rig. Gotta switch lanes now, Left signal on. Changed lanes. Come on, can't this Eggbeater get going. Stupid driver behind me. Just because I jumped out in front of him, can't he slow down a little. Sheesh. OK, I can take back my Burger now. Thanks. How come it's all messed up? Glad the Coke didn't spill. Kids are quite now. Ease back into the Right lane now. Wave back at the guy you jumped out in front of. "Hey Dad, why did he wave at you that way?" OK, you can now unpucker your backside from the seat now...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago vicinity
    Posts
    549
    Back in the 70's I was driving my parents Buick LeSabre 1974 stone drunk out of my mind. I was going the wrong way on Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago. Officer pulled me over. I did all I could do and bribed him with my factory paycheck I cashed earlier at Currency Exchange but only drank about half of it. Yeah it was the 70's and good times.

  9. #9
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Back in the 70's I was driving my parents Buick LeSabre 1974 stone drunk out of my mind. I was going the wrong way on Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago. Officer pulled me over. I did all I could do and bribed him with my factory paycheck I cashed earlier at Currency Exchange but only drank about half of it. Yeah it was the 70's and good times.
    I miss those days, too.

    America used to be a pretty reasonable country....

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I miss those days, too.

    America used to be a pretty reasonable country....
    No Sh*t. I remember one time leaving a bar near O'Hare airport, '70's-ish, 3am, Mannheim Road, I "paid my ticket on the spot."

    Geez, sometimes I am amazed I survived the 60's and 70's.

    Not to mention that on my 30-day leave between assignments at Clark and Ton Son Nhut, I got 3 tickets, two in one night....second cop felt sorry for me going to the Nam and only wrote me up for going around a railroad gate about 20 feet to spare from a rushing locomotive...can honestly say I never got a DWI, ever, ever, nope not ever. License suspended for a year, amazing, that was my tour, got back 12 months later and retrieved the license and after pricing insurance drove around naked for a couple years....

    LOL
    Last edited by Mase; 05-08-2010 at 09:18 PM.

  11. #11
    Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,126
    It was around February 1993. I was driving home after an evening at the strip club. It was about 10:00 PM or so. I had had about 3 beers. I was buzzed, not drunk. I was driving between 60 and 70 mph in a 45 mph zone. I got pulled over by a Gulf Breeze FL cop on the Bay Bridge. He stated that I had been drinking. I told him yes. I had in fact had 3 beers. I told him that if he was going to issue a sobriety test to please take into account that I had a balance problem due to the fact (at the time I thought...) that one leg was slightly shorter than the other. I passed all aspects of the sobriety tests except for the balance portion. He told me to keep the car parked and that if I moved the car, he would "bust my ass."

    I got a cab home and had my dad drive me to the car the next morning. All's well that ends well.

    That event was enough to shake me up pretty good. I never looked at drinking and driving (for me) the same again.

    I think that they need to raise the BAC threshold to 0.12 and lower the drinking age to 18. That's my opinion and I"m sticking to it.

  12. #12
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,917
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    It was around February 1993. I was driving home after an evening at the strip club. It was about 10:00 PM or so. I had had about 3 beers. I was buzzed, not drunk. I was driving between 60 and 70 mph in a 45 mph zone. I got pulled over by a Gulf Breeze FL cop on the Bay Bridge. He stated that I had been drinking. I told him yes. I had in fact had 3 beers. I told him that if he was going to issue a sobriety test to please take into account that I had a balance problem due to the fact (at the time I thought...) that one leg was slightly shorter than the other. I passed all aspects of the sobriety tests except for the balance portion. He told me to keep the car parked and that if I moved the car, he would "bust my ass."

    I got a cab home and had my dad drive me to the car the next morning. All's well that ends well.

    That event was enough to shake me up pretty good. I never looked at drinking and driving (for me) the same again.

    I think that they need to raise the BAC threshold to 0.12 and lower the drinking age to 18. That's my opinion and I"m sticking to it.
    Agreed.

    See here:

    http://www.ericpetersautos.com/forum...ad.php?t=14804

Similar Threads

  1. I wanna see a birth certificate!!!!!
    By grouch in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM
  2. O'Donnel is not too Dumb
    By swamprat in forum Tea Party Talk...
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM
  3. The era of the fat, dumb, happy American
    By chiph in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 11:24 PM
  4. Dumb, dumber and dumbest
    By Eric in forum Guns, Second Amendment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 06:54 AM
  5. Wanna get raped?
    By Eric in forum Performance/Muscle Cars
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •