Thread: Don't be a jock sniffer... grow a brain!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Don't be a jock sniffer... grow a brain!

So you kicked a ball into a net, or hit a ball several hundred yards with a piece of wood, or threw a ball in a hoop or, more than likely, you just sat on your fat ass and watched someone else do it on TV.

What does that matter? What does that change? You've scored a point for your team. Who cares?

What's the goddamn point? It allows people who work too many hours for too little pay a sense of ersatz victory that they cannot achieve in their own lives.

You know what I mean: stuck with a big fucking mortgage, kids to feed, car payments, electricity bills, taxes, water bills, gas bills, telephone bills, more taxes, health insurance premiums, home insurance premiums, your kids' college fund, even more taxes, etc. To do all of this you need to kiss your employer's fat, greasy ass, keep your head down, do as little work as you can get away with and keep that paycheck coming in. Now comes Saturday. Ahhhhh - freedom. The weekend. So sit in your big chair, open a can, drink deeply. Ahhhhh. Sedate. Turn on the T.V. Watch millionaires kick balls in nets, hit balls with sticks, throw balls in nets etc. "Your" team wins! HOORAY!!

You feel validated. It's all been worth it. All that sweat, all that shutting the fuck up, all that time with your tongue firmly lodged in your boss's ass...this is validation. It's not like music...good lyrics might make you think. You don't want that. It's not like films..a good film might make you think. It's not like romance...you gave that up a while ago for responsibility ... and you don't want to think about that. If you ever did. You probably gave up romance for conquest anyway, when you were much younger, and isn't that what sports are all about?

Sport infuses our lives. In American high schools, it becomes a proxy caste system. Remember high school? If you're still there - my condolences - but you'll understand this well. People kicking balls in nets, or hitting balls with wood, or throwing balls in nets are more important than you. Remember pep rallies? When all the people who kicked balls in nets etc. stood up in front of the entire school and became, not merely mortals, but the gods of all they survey? Remember the student council? Who was there? Sports heroes...every one. Not those nerdy assholes who read books, or those queers in drama, or those anonymous nobodies who scuttle through the halls keeping their head down because you never know when some fucking football hero might make you the butt of his jokes or give you a good pounding, just for the hell of it.

Why?

Because the school institution supported them. All student activities, from student council elections to assemblies to homecoming centered around sports.

Why?

Sports teach you important lessons about how the real world operates: Competition is king. Winners get the glory, losers can eat shit. Everything is justified. In American history we beat the Indians and the Mexicans and the Southern Confederacy and everyone else ... who can all EAT SHIT! We're WINNERS... !

England is no better. Virtually every male in the whole shitty little island is obsessed by guys in shorts kicking a bit of leather into a net. Everyone has their own team that they "support" (i.e. identify with as their "tribe" - God knows their political system stole any other identity possibly available to them), they wear their team's football "kit" (which changes just about every year - marketing y'know?) and beat the shit out of each other on a Friday night.

C'mon guys - this is the place where the words "working class" was coined. Stop punching each other - punch your boss instead. Sport conditions us to think in terms of US VS. THEM. THEY wear red shirts, WE wear green shirts - we shall kick the shit out of them. Sound familiar? Sound a bit like war, perhaps?

How the hell else is a government going to convince a young population to fight its economic incursions into other countries if we don't train them to kick the shit out of the other guy because he's different and WE SAY SO. I've not yet been stupid enough to breed, but if I had a kid, I'd rather have him/her/it watch a super-violent horror movie than a fuhhhhhhtball game.

At least in a film the characters have a reason to be kicking the shit out of the other guy: they're terrorist or they're zombies or they kidnapped the hero's wife etc. - not just because they wear a different uniform.

What sport does, in essence, is act as a surrogate form of masculinity for a castrated working class. Sport keeps us blind, stupid, and predatory.

Fuck sports. Use your brain. Get some real heroes. Someone who thought or produced great literature or an invention that improved the lot of humanity or a cure for an awful disease... .

I can generally watch anything in person. I don't watch sports on TV. I don't read the sports section in the paper. I don't talk sports at work. In person, I can generally see something interesting. I can even watch a T-ball game since there may be some good looking moms in the bleachers. With the exception of rally car racing, I don't even watch car racing. NASCAR isn't stock car racing anymore. Those are all generic racing chassis's with special engines that you can't buy from the dealer.

I have to listen to sports all day at work. Ever notice how people at the paper get a lot of money for saying the same things over and over? I've never understood how someone who dropped out of school is a celebrity while someone who finds a cure for a disease, makes a car that gets great fuel mileage, or discovers far off solar systems is passed off as a crank. I work with a guy who was a jock in school. He thinks we should all defer to him. He walked out a drive door (forbidden by corporste rules) and I nearly hit him with a fork lift as he was behind the mast until I was on top of him. I explained that while he is a good sized fellow, a 300 pound man is no match for a 16,000 pound piece of equipment.

Personally, if you see me running, try to keep up. Something is after me
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So you kicked a ball into a net, or hit a ball several hundred yards with a piece of wood, or threw a ball in a hoop or, more than likely, you just sat on your fat ass and watched someone else do it on TV.

What does that matter? What does that change? You've scored a point for your team. Who cares?
    I think men in our society are wasting their time and power. This is one of the reasons our country is in such awful shape. Instead of thinking/working on real problems, they indulge their minds with sports bullshit.

If I remember correctly, something like 30% of the NFL players have a felony charge or conviction.

What's the goddamn point? It allows people who work too many hours for too little pay a sense of ersatz victory that they cannot achieve in their own lives.

You know what I mean: stuck with a big fucking mortgage, kids to feed, car payments, electricity bills, taxes, water bills, gas bills, telephone bills, more taxes, health insurance premiums, home insurance premiums, your kids' college fund, even more taxes, etc. To do all of this you need to kiss your employer's fat, greasy ass, keep your head down, do as little work as you can get away with and keep that paycheck coming in. Now comes Saturday. Ahhhhh - freedom. The weekend. So sit in your big chair, open a can, drink deeply. Ahhhhh. Sedate. Turn on the T.V. Watch millionaires kick balls in nets, hit balls with sticks, throw balls in nets etc. "Your" team wins! HOORAY!!.
    It's stupid, there is no point. All a team really is, is a corporation, that hires these morons to run around with a ball.

If you can't think of anything to do with your life, then make sportz a priority. If you live in Minneapoils, you have to pay .5% more sales tax for the honor of having the Twins stadium. That supports the billionaire Polad family. Just the thought of this great deal makes me wanna cum in my pants!

Sport infuses our lives. In American high schools, it becomes a proxy caste system. Remember high school? If you're still there - my condolences - but you'll understand this well. People kicking balls in nets, or hitting balls with wood, or throwing balls in nets are more important than you. Remember pep rallies? When all the people who kicked balls in nets etc. stood up in front of the entire school and became, not merely mortals, but the gods of all they survey? Remember the student council? Who was there? Sports heroes...every one. .
    And it's expanding. The World Series, The Stupid Bowl , The Final Four, The Stanley Cup, NASCAR, horse racing, World Cup... then the women - who claim to be smart and independent - are following the males - with basketball....

But let's forget local bike races, marathons, all contribute to our quality of life. I just can't seem to remember the contribution. But I'm sure it's there. Yeah, maybe A Hitler... but that's a different subject.

There is also the Olympics. Greece, that was bailed out by the EU, just hosted the Olympics. See how well they did. Then of course there's the 'Special Olympics'. It's not enough that these people are retarded, but we have to impose this phoney sportz bullshit on them. IMO, it's worse than child abuse (really).

It really amounts to nothing. Us taxpayers have to pay for the PhysEd. Most of these people will become Realtors or Car Salesmen. Get divorced at 40.

This is why I hold little hope for the revival of our country: Most of the people are drugged on TV, Sportz, alcohol, or drugs.

As the Romans said: "It's all about bread and circus"
    Last edited by dBrong; 06-19-2010 at 07:25 PM.

If even half the men who can recite at length the most arcane statistics about "their" team knew as much about the Constitution or history or ethics, we would not be in the state of degradation and decline we are currently in.

Also: So many of of these jock sniffers are overweight (often bloated and obese), sedentary loads - yet they venerate the athleticism of others.

I've got several friends who are into fuhhhhhhtttttttttball - and I'm in much better physical shape (and much more active) than any of them.

One of my friends has an eight-year-old boy and instead of actually doing something active with the kid, he watches "the game," plastered to the TV for hours on end.

It's worse than drugs, which at least you're doing!

Isn't it interesting that America was a more manly nation before it became obsessed with fuhhhhhttttball and so on?

Speaking of which, do you know what NFL really stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    If even half the men who can recite at length the most arcane statistics about "their" team knew as much about the Constitution or history or ethics, we would not be in the state of degradation and decline we are currently in.

Also: So many of of these jock sniffers are overweight (often bloated and obese), sedentary loads - yet they venerate the athleticism of others.

I've got several friends who are into fuhhhhhhtttttttttball - and I'm in much better physical shape (and much more active) than any of them.

One of my friends has an eight-year-old boy and instead of actually doing something active with the kid, he watches "the game," plastered to the TV for hours on end.

It's worse than drugs, which at least you're doing!

Isn't it interesting that America was a more manly nation before it became obsessed with fuhhhhhttttball and so on?

Speaking of which, do you know what NFL really stands for?
    Well, I bet you are going to tell us something other than National Football League. Ah! there is of course something far more important - the National Forensic League - giving youth a voice.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 06-20-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

It's a past time to everyday stresses of life. Sports is entertainment. I like seeing the best going at it. I love the World Series or championship games on T.V. It's a harmless little way of escape. People need some diversions in their everyday life. Today billions are glued to their t.V. watching the world cup. What's up with England why can't they score more goal? Why is it so hard to score a goal in soccer anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It's a past time to everyday stresses of life. Sports is entertainment. I like seeing the best going at it. I love the World Series or championship games on T.V. It's a harmless little way of escape. People need some diversions in their everyday life. Today billions are glued to their t.V. watching the world cup. What's up with England why can't they score more goal? Why is it so hard to score a goal in soccer anyway?
    If people spent more time paying similar attention to things that matter, the country would be a much better place. For every person who knows, for example, what rights are enumerated in the Bill of Rights (or even what the Bill of Rights is) there are probably 1,000 who have no clue - but who do know what the ranking of "their" team is and the names of all the gold-toofed thugs that comprise the offensive line.

How 'bout them dawgs! VA Tech rules! Yaaaay!

Duhhhhhhhhh.

We deify (and make millionaires out of) half-wit thugs who often have great difficulty even speaking in complete sentences - while brilliant people who contribute something useful to society are ignored and underpaid.

One good history teacher is more valuable to society than the entire NFC East. But since no one cares about history (or math or science or anything else worthwhile) while they do care about "the score" - we know who gets paid seven figures each year and who receives the adulation of the masses.

Once again - Duhhhhhhh.

What leads the "news" each night? Fuuuuuuhhhhhhtball or basketball or some other sports-related irrelevance, typically discussed with much agitation and excitement. L'Quon D'leterious bees the Most Vauable Player again this year!

Yaay! Duhhhhh....

Meanwhile no one gives a fuck that we have been in Afghanistan for nearly ten years now; that Obama is about to try to impose censorship on the Internet via "fairness" for opposing views.... all that matters is the fucking god-damned game.

But those atha-letes can throw a ball, or run fast.... and what could be more important than that?

To legions of obese, unreflective, stupefyingly ignorant Americans?

Absolutely nothing!