Thread: Lambo goes up in smoke!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Lambo goes up in smoke!

Despite all the fun in the sun, somebody's weekend definitely got ruined on Saturday.

Depending who you believe, either two car thieves torched somebody's Lamborghini Murcielago in Brooklyn Saturday afternoon or the car's owner watched it burn after it caught fire while driving on the BQE.

One tipster wrote into New York Shitty:

A Lamborghini BLEW UP on Rodney Street, which serves as the off-ramp for the BQE's Metropolitan Avenue exit.

According to some kids who were there, they saw two guys running from the car just before it blew up so they speculate it was stolen. Looks like the owner showed up just as FDNY was done putting it out.

That's one expensive car fire: the Murcielago's base price is $350,000

Pics here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_619736.html

First: There's nothin' like a good car fire.

Second: The idiots that have enough money to buy a car like this, can't possibly have the skill to drive it.

When I was 16 - 18 ( 1965... ) I delivered high valued cars between Philly and NYC ( during the summers and long holidays ). Some were great, others awful. The Lambo's had clutches so hard, you had to brace yourself in the seat. In order to get gas, you needed to find a gas station that had a ramp long enough so you could enter on an oblique angle.

The most wicked car I ever drove was a TR-8. Basically a four wheeled mortorcycle, with a 289. How anyone could call it pleasureable, I don't know!.I'd guess most of the buyers killed themselves while driving the car.

I hope the Lambo was under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    First: There's nothin' like a good car fire.

Second: The idiots that have enough money to buy a car like this, can't possibly have the skill to drive it.

When I was 16 - 18 ( 1965... ) I delivered high valued cars between Philly and NYC ( during the summers and long holidays ). Some were great, others awful. The Lambo's had clutches so hard, you had to brace yourself in the seat. In order to get gas, you needed to find a gas station that had a ramp long enough so you could enter on an oblique angle.

The most wicked car I ever drove was a TR-8. Basically a four wheeled mortorcycle, with a 289. How anyone could call it pleasureable, I don't know!.I'd guess most of the buyers killed themselves while driving the car.
    To a great extent, I think this is spot on.

There's a reason why people who drive such cars are called "Guidos."

The whole thing's become ridiculous; what, pray tell, do you do with a Lamborghini in Noo Yoik City?

You can't drive a Prius faster than about 50 mph for more than a few seconds there...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

The whole thing's become ridiculous; what, pray tell, do you do with a Lamborghini in Noo Yoik City?
    Well, obviously, you use it to get OUT OF NOO YOIK CITY...

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    Well, obviously, you use it to get OUT OF NOO YOIK CITY...
    To where?

Nooo Joisey?

Lots of open roads there...

Let's face it: These cars are the equivalent of gold-plated codpieces. They are for-show-only. Looks at me! I bees a rich NBA player wif a gold toof! Comes for a ride, baby. I shows you a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    To where?

Nooo Joisey?

Lots of open roads there...

Let's face it: These cars are the equivalent of gold-plated codpieces. They are for-show-only. Looks at me! I bees a rich NBA player wif a gold toof! Comes for a ride, baby. I shows you a good time!
    New Jersey doesn't take long to cross. For that matter, there's some decent places to drive in upstate NY, even on Long Island once you get off the main highway.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    New Jersey doesn't take long to cross. For that matter, there's some decent places to drive in upstate NY, even on Long Island once you get off the main highway.
    A car like that is next-to-useless, even so.

Ever drive one in or near a major metropolitan area? I have. You draw the attention of every cop, everywhere you go - and you best not be doing even 5 mph over the limit or you will get pulled.

Can't park, it either - for fear of vandalism, damage - or just having to deal with all the gawkers who gather around it.

A much better tool - one you can use - is something like an M5. In silver.

People who take fast driving seriously don't like to stand out.

Run silent, run deep...