Thread: Anit-Smoking Nano Management

Anit-Smoking Nano Management

I don't smoke. I like not allowing indoor smoking.

But not allowing smoking in tobacco shops!

http://www.startribune.com/local/stp...tml?page=1&c=y

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    I don't smoke. I like not allowing indoor smoking.

But not allowing smoking in tobacco shops!

http://www.startribune.com/local/stp...tml?page=1&c=y
    Another bit of fallout from the "Civil Rights (Bowel) Movement," which destroyed the principles of private property and free association.

I don't smoke, either.

But I don't see why I, as a non-smoker, have any right to use the government to force the owner of, say, a privately-owned establishment such as a restaurant or bar to cater to my wishes rather than his (or the wishes of his customers).

Don't like the smoke in Joe Bar's (or Mike's Restaurant)? Go somewhere else, asshole!

The old American concept of you do your thing, I'll do mine (with government getting involved only when our actions involve the use or threat of force against someone else) is out the window. Now, every aggrieved little busybody out there can use the laaaaaaaawwwwww to force others to do "x" or "y."

Whatever freedom of action we still have left to us is only by default, until some new busybody decides that "there ought to be a law."

A free country, my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Another bit of fallout from the "Civil Rights (Bowel) Movement," which destroyed the principles of private property and free association....

But I don't see why I, as a non-smoker, have any right to use the government to force the owner of, say, a privately-owned establishment such as a restaurant or bar to cater to my wishes rather than his (or the wishes of his customers).

A free country, my ass.
    Here's one that's unbeliveable: A fellow who owned a light manufacturing business had a special smoking lounge - cause a lot of the workers smoked. He had ventilation installed, it was completely a 'sealed' room.

When the Minnesota smoking ban went into effect (couple of years ago) the state told him it was illegal to have an indoor smoking area - smoking is not allowed in any public / commercial / private building - except in a private home / apartment!!!!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Here's one that's unbeliveable: A fellow who owned a light manufacturing business had a special smoking lounge - cause a lot of the workers smoked. He had ventilation installed, it was completely a 'sealed' room.

When the Minnesota smoking ban went into effect (couple of years ago) the state told him it was illegal to have an indoor smoking area - smoking is not allowed in any public / commercial / private building - except in a private home / apartment!!!!
    Yep. It's only a matter of time before they (government and the busybodies who use it) outlaw smoking in private homes. It will likely be done on the basis of "collective harm" under the new health "reform" law. After all, we cant permit individuals to smoke anywhere, since that would impose costs on "society."

Then they'll start regulating everything - from what (and how much) we eat to how much exercise we get.

Wait and see.