Thread: Had some fun yesterday....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Had some fun yesterday....

The cops erected one of those dummy radar "How Fast Are You Driving" stands at the end of a long, straight stretch of road near our place. It has cop-type red and blue strobes that flash angrily if it senses you're speeeeeeeding, with your numbah prominently displayed in flashing LEDS.

So - naturally - I made another pass (after making sure no real oinks were lurking)... and tilted the bastard! It doesn't register triple digits... but it seemed to visibly strain and shake, as if it was desperate to come running after me.

I may have to do it again today....

Staff
    Nice. I hate those things. There's one in my neighborhood that if you exceed the speed limit by more than 5 mph, you get this "SLOW DOWN" message. No strobe lights though. Those things are despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Nice. I hate those things. There's one in my neighborhood that if you exceed the speed limit by more than 5 mph, you get this "SLOW DOWN" message. No strobe lights though. Those things are despicable.
    I'm debating going out for a ride on my ZRX.... it is UFB hot outside, though. Still, the prospect of blasting past that goddamn thing at 160 or so is really appealing...

I had the bike going ove a hundred today on the open road,man that's just fun. Relieves stress too!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I had the bike going ove a hundred today on the open road,man that's just fun. Relieves stress too!
    Apparently, the machine can't deal with triple digits!

(Had the bike to 150-ish as I blew by.)

Had one in my area set up on US 460 (Prince Edward County, VA). It was more like a LED construction sign that said "Speed Limit 60" and "Your Speed ...". My speed was around 63. So below the numbers it flashed "SAFE SPEED". Then again, "SAFE SPEED", followed (almost as an afterthought) with "EXCEEDING". Do the folks at VDOT not understand how to construct a simple phrase? Morons...

Hawg

Quote Originally Posted by hwyhawg View Post
    Had one in my area set up on US 460 (Prince Edward County, VA). It was more like a LED construction sign that said "Speed Limit 60" and "Your Speed ...". My speed was around 63. So below the numbers it flashed "SAFE SPEED". Then again, "SAFE SPEED", followed (almost as an afterthought) with "EXCEEDING". Do the folks at VDOT not understand how to construct a simple phrase? Morons...

Hawg
    If I could get away with it, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to squat on one of these things and lay some pipe...

I pass three permanent ones on the way to and from work.

They've been there since I purchased my house out here.

Been gunning them for three years now, but sometimes (every other week) a road block after the last one.

It's interesting how everyone slows way the fuck down at each one as if the sign was going to chase'em down and give them a ticket.

They are effectively EXCELLENT passing points because all the morons dropping way below normal speeds.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I pass three permanent ones on the way to and from work.

They've been there since I purchased my house out here.

Been gunning them for three years now, but sometimes (every other week) a road block after the last one.

It's interesting how everyone slows way the fuck down at each one as if the sign was going to chase'em down and give them a ticket.

They are effectively EXCELLENT passing points because all the morons dropping way below normal speeds.
    You know what?

Our attitude - screw "authority," judge things for yourself - is fast becoming a rare item.

Most people really are sheeple. "It's the laaaaaaaaw!" they'll whine...