Thread: Never Enough

Never Enough

Want to get a Liberal mad? Ask them two questions:

1. What is the goal of social programs?

You'll get an answer somewhat like "To help those people, because it's a natural right to {fill in the blank}" Now ask them this question:

2. How do we know that we've achieved that goal? And we can stop the government program once it's been accomplished, right?

At that point they'll start looking flummoxed.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/08/23/re...enough-william

Chip H.
    (I need to subscribe to them)

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post

You'll get an answer somewhat like "To help those people, because it's a natural right to {fill in the blank}" Now ask them this question:

2. How do we know that we've achieved that goal? And we can stop the government program once it's been accomplished, right?

At that point they'll start looking flummoxed.

http://reason.com/blog/2010/08/23/re...enough-william

Chip H.
    (I need to subscribe to them)

Liberals are the worst hypocrites.

They like to present themselves as "humane" and kind to the less fortunate, in contrast to "selfish" conservatives. But their policies and agenda always boils down to threatening others with violence if they do not comply, or provide the funds to disburse to the "needy" (or whomever). When liberals say, "I want to help the poor," they are really saying "I want to use the police power of the government to force you to help the poor."

They make me sick.

At least street thugs don't posture as morally righteous do-gooders.

They just say, "Give me your damn money, motherfucker - or I will kill you."

Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post

I asked a similar question to a person running for Minnesota Senate.

I said: "How much (money) is enough for public schools? She told me: "Well we will never have enough".

If a school does poorly, or a program is ineffective government will reward the poor performance by giving them more money. If they do an OK job - then they ask for more money! It's a lose / lose situation for the taxpayer.

Right now it costs $21,000 a year to send a child to Minneapolis government school. 50% of the children graduate.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    I asked a similar question to a person running for Minnesota Senate.

I said: "How much (money) is enough for public schools? She told me: "Well we will never have enough".

If a school does poorly, or a program is ineffective government will reward the poor performance by giving them more money. If they do an OK job - then they ask for more money! It's a lose / lose situation for the taxpayer.

Right now it costs $21,000 a year to send a child to Minneapolis government school. 50% of the children graduate.
    Government schools are a disaster and an affront to the idea of "education."

The average person in the 18th and 19th century was more literate, better-read, more numerate and able to reason far better than the typical graduate of a modern public high skoo'

But that's probably the whole point.

Gnomesayin'?