Thread: Ten worst places to live

Ten worst places to live

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Northern Virginia (DC suburbs) wasn't on the list and I can tell you from personal experience it is one of the shittiest places to live in the entire country. It's overcrowded, with nightmare traffic; absurdly high cost of living; unpleasant smelly minorities everywhere; suffocating laws and the highest per-capita percentage of useless eater politicians/lobbyists/shysters in the entire country!

Damn.... I thought you were talking about my state!

Strangely, none of the places I've lived are on the list and I've lived in some doozies. Grand Forks, ND being one. The people were fine, but my southern blood didn't agree with it. Northern Indiana comes to mind - same reason. Interesting that several southern cities were on the list. One thing I've found about Montgomery is that you either love it or you hate it, there's no in between.

Hi Guys!

duck
    I'm going quackers!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Strangely, none of the places I've lived are on the list and I've lived in some doozies. Grand Forks, ND being one. The people were fine, but my southern blood didn't agree with it. Northern Indiana comes to mind - same reason. Interesting that several southern cities were on the list. One thing I've found about Montgomery is that you either love it or you hate it, there's no in between.

Hi Guys!

duck
    Lots of places with bad weather! I think what makes a place truly miserable, though, is too damn many people. The noise, the constant press of humanity, the traffic; it makes people tense and the situation unpleasant. Everyone feels they're in constant competition with everyone else - whether it's for a parking spot or a place in line. Then add in the usual high cost of living, annoying bureaucrats and busybodies - plus the usual problems with crime (and unjust laws that forbid decent people from being armed for self-defense and punish them if they do defend themselves) and what you end up with is a place worth fleeing!