Thread: Bye Bye Santa Fe

Bye Bye Santa Fe

The last Santa Fe rolled off the Montgomery production line the other week. It will be moving to LaGrange, GA's KIA factory where their crossover is based on the same platform. Several guesses are still in the air about what will come in to replace it. I've heard they may expand the Sonata line or possibly the Azera. I don't think it will be idle long.

On the good side, they just broke ground for a Hyundai Heavy Manufacturing plant that builds gigantic electric transformers (like they use in electric substations, not on poles). It should be open in about 2 years.

I still take my Sonata by the plant periodically to wave to its cousins.

**Hot off the press. The Elantra will be coming to the Sonata press. Just announced.
    Last edited by Quackers; 09-21-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Updated Info
    I'm going quackers!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    The last Santa Fe rolled off the Montgomery production line the other week. It will be moving to LaGrange, GA's KIA factory where their crossover is based on the same platform. Several guesses are still in the air about what will come in to replace it. I've heard they may expand the Sonata line or possibly the Azera. I don't think it will be idle long.

On the good side, they just broke ground for a Hyundai Heavy Manufacturing plant that builds gigantic electric transformers (like they use in electric substations, not on poles). It should be open in about 2 years.

I still take my Sonata by the plant periodically to wave to its cousins.

**Hot off the press. The Elantra will be coming to the Sonata press. Just announced.
    Happy to hear that Hyundai is investing in America and providing jobs to American workers!