Thread: Parts is parts......I wish.

Unhappy Parts is parts......I wish.

I need a little help here. I need to find a couple of seat actuator motors for my '84 Lincoln Mark VII. I pulled the drivers seat out and the wiring tested out just fine. The drive cables and gearing are just fine. I removed the drivers seat actuator motor and bench tested it. Dead as a door nail. I'm pretty sure the passenger side motor is the same way. It looks like the windows may have been left open in the rain a few times. The interior is perfect but the motor is corroded and rusty.

I've tried all my usual parts sources. The dealer couldn't help on anything that old. I found a couple of listings online but no part number or price. So, I need a drivers and passengers side seat actuator motors for a 1984 Lincoln Mark VII coupe. If you know where I can get a new one, or you have access to an interchange and can tell me what other cars used this motor, I would appreciate it. The seats and a problem with the digital dash display are the only problems the car has. It runs great, rides smooth and has all of 47K on the clock. My interchange books only come up to the mid 1970's since I got out of the salvage business in 1984.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I need a little help here. I need to find a couple of seat actuator motors for my '84 Lincoln Mark VII. I pulled the drivers seat out and the wiring tested out just fine. The drive cables and gearing are just fine. I removed the drivers seat actuator motor and bench tested it. Dead as a door nail. I'm pretty sure the passenger side motor is the same way. It looks like the windows may have been left open in the rain a few times. The interior is perfect but the motor is corroded and rusty.

I've tried all my usual parts sources. The dealer couldn't help on anything that old. I found a couple of listings online but no part number or price. So, I need a drivers and passengers side seat actuator motors for a 1984 Lincoln Mark VII coupe. If you know where I can get a new one, or you have access to an interchange and can tell me what other cars used this motor, I would appreciate it. The seats and a problem with the digital dash display are the only problems the car has. It runs great, rides smooth and has all of 47K on the clock. My interchange books only come up to the mid 1970's since I got out of the salvage business in 1984.

Just an idea, but have you checked to see whether the later Mark VIII's seats used the same motor? If so, that's get you into the mid-'90s and a Ford parts counter may still have 'em in stock....

Also, have you checked the Lincoln section in Hemmings?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Just an idea, but have you checked to see whether the later Mark VIII's seats used the same motor? If so, that's get you into the mid-'90s and a Ford parts counter may still have 'em in stock....

Also, have you checked the Lincoln section in Hemmings?

Yes, but there was a major redesign in '93 and those are different. I've already tried Hemmings but I'll try next month. I'm pretty sure other cars used the same seat actuator motors in the 80's but I haven't been able to find an interchange for that year. My books stop at 1979-80, Hollander doesn't print books any more for anything newer and the yard I usually go to didn't spring for the interior interchange program.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    Yes, but there was a major redesign in '93 and those are different. I've already tried Hemmings but I'll try next month. I'm pretty sure other cars used the same seat actuator motors in the 80's but I haven't been able to find an interchange for that year. My books stop at 1979-80, Hollander doesn't print books any more for anything newer and the yard I usually go to didn't spring for the interior interchange program.
    Hmmm...

I'd check/cross-reference the same-era Mercury Cougar and also the Mustang GT.... power seats were available in both and it could be that the motors used are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hmmm...

I'd check/cross-reference the same-era Mercury Cougar and also the Mustang GT.... power seats were available in both and it could be that the motors used are the same.

That's what I've been trying to do. Nobody has a cross reference for interior parts. I've heard that the Tempo of that vintage (80's) used the same seat but there again, I can't find an interchange.
    Honk if you love Jesus.