Thread: UAW Guys Toke Up, Drink Up, On Break...

UAW Guys Toke Up, Drink Up, On Break...

Smokin' tokin' chokin' down some clear.

Watch the video.

Your UAW guys on break. Ya wonder why that new Luxomobile falls apart at 25k miles?

Well, your tax dollars bailed them out. Gave them ownership of GM, Chrysler. No doubt will bolster their inflated fat pensions and free health care for life.....thank you, Obama.

Money well spent, I guess.

Somehow I don't think the Japanese or Koreans, or for that matter the Chinese or Indians would go along with these lunch break activities.

Oh, well, it is only a small, small minority of workers that do this. The vast majority are just like you and me, busting their tails to to put some chow on the table. Cut 'em some slack.
    Last edited by Mase; 09-24-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    A man's greatest mistake is to think he is working for somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mase View Post
    Smokin' tokin' chokin' down some clear....

Oh, well, it is only a small, small minority of workers that do this. The vast majority are just like you and me, busting their tails to to put some chow on the table. Cut 'em some slack.
    I have seen the same thing at DoD contractors: Raytheon, Sperry, Control Data (CDC). Some engineers would sleep in their cars, some would pound down 3 drinks at lunch.

IMO, people do this because they cannot see a future.

I believe the US 'system' (what ever that is) has failed systemically. The economic system has failed, the wage job idea has failed for 20 - 30 million Americans, and the wage jobs themselves are boring, repetitive, and have nowhere to advance to.

As a software developer I need to set aside time to 'exercise' because my job is to sit on my ass and churn out code. IMO this way of working - where you do one thing, over and over is bad physically and mentally. The work becomes boring and not enjoyable.

I hope the US can rebuild itself and there will emerge a different structure that allows people to use several skills, and not be tied to one job.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post

IMO, people do this because they cannot see a future.

"The future is what you make it." - Doc, Back To The Future II

Jennifer Parker: Dr. Brown, I brought this note back from the future and now it's erased.
    Doc: Of course it's erased.
    Jennifer Parker: But what does that mean?
    Doc: It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you.
    Marty McFly: [Marty wraps his arm around Jennifer] We will, Doc.

Is it harder than it use to be? Are there more roadblocks and obstacles? Yep. But it is still possible to write your own future. I intend to do so while it is still possible.

I don't want to be combattive, but you haven't said anything about your thoughts or feelings.

Those bullshit links you posted... what the hell goes in your mind? I thought you were a 55+ year old guy.

I really don't understand your POV. A bunch of links to some other web site? I want to hear from you.

What is the solution.. MASE
    Last edited by dBrong; 09-25-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Those bullshit links you posted... what the hell goes in your mind? I thought you were a 55+ year old guy.

I really don't understand your POV. A bunch of links to some other web site? I want to hear from you.
    I guess my point is that engaging in that behavior because you feel there is no future is counter productive and it needs to be overcome, and make your own future.

These kind of people usually weed themselves out. -no pun intended

The bailout wasn't intended for these particular fucks, but for all of us.

No matter what good is given in this world, there will always be some bad apples on the receiving end. That's just how it goes.

----------------------------------

I'm amazing they were able to make time to carry all this out over a 30 minute break.

That demonstrates some serious time management skills! LOL

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

I guess my point is that engaging in that behavior because you feel there is no future is counter productive and it needs to be overcome, and make your own future.
    WTF - Sounds like bullshit to me.

It is really hard for a singular person to make an impression / statement against a big machine!

Make your own future? You must have been really in the closet. I'm gonna make my own furture (as a software developer) against Bill Gates (worth $54 billion).

Surely you are a fool!

WTF - Sounds like bullshit to me.

It is really hard for a singular person to make an impression / statement against a big machine!

Make your own future? You must have been really in the closet. I'm gonna make my own furture (as a software developer) against Bill Gates (worth $54 billion).

Surely you are a fool!
    I have 35 years experience in the airline business. I've been dealt a lot of really lousy hands. Two buyouts, three bankruptcies, more pay cuts than you can count, loss of benefits, pension decimated, promises broken, stomped on and smashed to smithereens.. no job guarantees. I had to earn my next job, I had to make my own retirement and my own future. Life isn't fair.

Nobody offered any tax dollars to bail me out when I had to move 5 times in 6 years to keep my job. Nobody cared when after the first 4 pay cuts I could no longer afford my house and had to trade down to a cheaper house and therefore pay "capital gains" taxes on my inflation "profit." I had to make my own plan, plan my own future.

And it continues. Obamacare is going to screw up my hard-earned retiree medical care that I spent 35 years EARNING and some asshole politicians are going to take it all away just like that? And next up they plan to steal my 401k and Social Security. Damn straight Tea Partiers are angry! Mad as hell and not going to take it any more!

What I didn't do is go out and party on duty, blame everyone else (even though there was plenty of blame to go around) and piss and moan about how life sucks and what a rotten asshole that rich bastard Carl Icahn is and what the shitty politicians did to my family with their lousy "deregulation".

Are you a participant in the Survival thread here? Do you have a stock of survival food, weapons and ammo, and a plan?

Or when the crapola hits the wind machine are you going to depend on someone else for your survival, and hope it all works out?

Same principle.

I guess that is pretty foolish.
    Last edited by Mase; 09-26-2010 at 02:33 AM.

I have 35 years experience in the airline business. I've been dealt a lot of really lousy hands. Two buyouts, three bankruptcies, more pay cuts than you can count, loss of benefits, pension decimated, promises broken, stomped on and smashed to smithereens.. no job guarantees. I had to earn my next job, I had to make my own retirement and my own future.

... Life isn't fair.
    You have given me the best statement to demonstrate why the phrase "Life isn't fair"... is not a good way of thinking about our situation.

Our (the US) economic, governmental, and social systems have failed a large percentage of the people.

You are good example of one lously wage job after another. Instead of rewards you got lemons. What kind of system is this?

When you train a dog - do you hit him when he fetches the stick? Do you beat him when he barks at the robber? People are animals, they respond to rewards.

We have an economic system called capitalism, but how much capital have you amassed?

When you look around and realize we have fools running the government, unending taxation and dead end wage jobs, we have created / allowed this situation to become what it is.

When we're getting screwed by a hugh broken political / economic system there is NO POSSIBILITY FOR FAIRNESS.

27,000,000 people are on antidepressants, 20,000,000 use perscription sleeping pills, and many are on anti-anxiety drugs, in 33 states more than 25% of the people are obese (BMI > 30), over 30,000,000 people out of work or way under employed.

To dismiss all this with "Life isn't fair" attitude - I just don't agree with it.

I see why some people (the druggies in the video) respond to the cluster f**k that our country has become.

IMO our country stands for nothing - and we are reaping the consequences.
    Last edited by dBrong; 09-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.

You're both right-

- The government *is* screwing you (and everyone else in the middle class).
    - You need to be self-reliant and be an optimistic pessimist, so that you're prepared the next time "they" deal you a setback.

All I know is I don't want these guys to be the ones putting my car together.

Chip H.

We have an economic system called capitalism, but how much capital have you amassed?

When you look around and realize we have fools running the government, unending taxation and dead end wage jobs, we have created / allowed this situation to become what it is.

When we're getting screwed by a hugh broken political / economic system there is NO POSSIBILITY FOR FAIRNESS.
    I look at it this way.
    The capitalist system (C) is run by capitalists for their own benefit, not for that of the general population.
    What the average people accumulate is savings, not capital because they don't have the ability to use their savings in a capitalistic manner. Even those who invest in the stock market are only nibbling at the coat tails of C.
    The USA is controlled by the C elite who are richer and becoming richer beyond what we could dream about. This has always been so.
    It is clear that the C elite constructed the constitution with good intentions, of which it is said, 'are used to pave the road to hell' where we, in a hand basket are going fast.
    As for fools running the government, some may be fools, but most are people who have learned to play the system to their own advantage to the detriment of the majority, for whom the constitution was designed to keep in check.
    Trevor