Thread: Rand vs. Conway

Rand vs. Conway

I live in Indiana but I'm 2 miles from the state line with Kentucky. That means I get both Indiana and Kentucky political ads. I'll be glad when this election is over. Rand Paul is getting hammered over college pranks. I'd just as soon he just fess up and let it rest.

I've met both Conway and Paul. mom still lives in Kentucky and both of them are constantly underfoot. I'm not impressed with Conway but Paul seemed like a buffoon.

I'm used to Indiana politics being dirty. Now Kentucky is getting the same way. If one candidate ever refers repeatedly to his or her "esteemed opponent", I'll vote for them in a heart beat. That was what, in my opinion, won the election for Obama. He stayed on message while Clinton talked trash.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I live in Indiana but I'm 2 miles from the state line with Kentucky. That means I get both Indiana and Kentucky political ads. I'll be glad when this election is over. Rand Paul is getting hammered over college pranks. I'd just as soon he just fess up and let it rest.

I've met both Conway and Paul. mom still lives in Kentucky and both of them are constantly underfoot. I'm not impressed with Conway but Paul seemed like a buffoon.

I'm used to Indiana politics being dirty. Now Kentucky is getting the same way. If one candidate ever refers repeatedly to his or her "esteemed opponent", I'll vote for them in a heart beat. That was what, in my opinion, won the election for Obama. He stayed on message while Clinton talked trash.
    I'm disturbed most by Rand Paul's cave-ins on matters of Libertarian principle. For example, his recent call that the Social Security eligibility age should be increased. Instead, he should have (if he's really a Libertarian) urged that Social Security be made voluntary so that those who wish to be responsible for their own old-age well-being are free to do so.

Instead, he's acting like another *&%$#!!! Republican. Privatize! Free Trade! Lick the ass crack of corporations!

Fuck that.

And fuck him

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm disturbed most by Rand Paul's cave-ins on matters of Libertarian principle. For example, his recent call that the Social Security eligibility age should be increased. Instead, he should have (if he's really a Libertarian) urged that Social Security be made voluntary so that those who wish to be responsible for their own old-age well-being are free to do so.

Instead, he's acting like another *&%$#!!! Republican. Privatize! Free Trade! Lick the ass crack of corporations!

Fuck that.

And fuck him

I can't believe that he is even related to Ron Paul.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I can't believe that he is even related to Ron Paul.
    Yeah.

One of two things is true.

Either he's a coward and afraid to state his Libertarian views openly.

Or he's not really a Libertarian.

But the bottom line is, he's either afraid ti defend what he believes in, or he doesn't believe in the things we believe in.

So, why other supporting him?

I will never, ever support a Republican again.