Thread: My Country My Ass

Staff

My Country My Ass

Just what do children now learn in class?

I don't want to sound like a ranting nut case - but all I've learned about our gov'ment has turned out to be a lie.

Do they tell them the constitution has been replaced by the Patriot Act? Where over 330,000,000 people in the US lose most of their rights as described in the BOR, because of a few terrorists?

Cameras everywhere, recording everywhere, body scans, vans that X-ray you as you walk down the street, all sorts of electronic spying on our communications, red light cameras, speed trap cameras, electronic scanning of license plates.

How about economics. Do they make them aware theat 500 billionaires / corporations run the world - they make the real decisions. Forget about going into business - just about everything you need is in the nearest big box store or franchised store / resturant. These folks have done their best by buying goods from China, so that the prices are low. They pay their wage slave employees less than a liveable wage, give them no benfits (no pension, no health ins, no vacation, no sick leave). This is so you can get a real good deal when you shop there.

Or maybe they tell them about our One Party Gov'ment, where our elected multi-millionaires play the electorate like Pro Wrestling. Where all the excess FICA that has been collected (since about 1960) is spent, and replaced with worthless T-Bills - the the Fed has to go out and print more money to redeem the bills.

Maybe the teachers say: "This is what our country once was, before entitlements, wholesale illegal immigration, raping of the US Treasury, and big business and big gov'ment."

At 60 yrs old this is not the county I thought it would be. My wife and I worked hard to build, save, contribute, raise a child properly, follow the rules, do the right thing.

For this you get your job outsourced to India. Discriminated for employment upon by your age, lose the value of your home, and get to burn through your 401K.
    Last edited by dBrong; 10-29-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    Just what do children now learn in class?

I don't want to sound like a ranting nut case - but all I've learned about our gov'ment has turned out to be a lie.

Do they tell them the constitution has been replaced by the Patriot Act? Where over 330,000,000 people in the US lose most of their rights as described in the BOR, because of a few terrorists?

Cameras everywhere, recording everywhere, body scans, vans that X-ray you as you walk down the street, all sorts of electronic spying on our communications, red light cameras, speed trap cameras, electronic scanning of license plates.

How about economics. Do they make them aware theat 500 billionaires / corporations run the world - they make the real decisions. Forget about going into business - just about everything you need is in the nearest big box store or franchised store / resturant. These folks have done their best by buying goods from China, so that the prices are low. They pay their wage slave employees less than a liveable wage, give them no benfits (no pension, no health ins, no vacation, no sick leave). This is so you can get a real good deal when you shop there.

Or maybe they tell them about our One Party Gov'ment, where our elected multi-millionaires play the electorate like Pro Wrestling. Where all the excess FICA that has been collected (since about 1960) is spent, and replaced with worthless T-Bills - the the Fed has to go out and print more money to redeem the bills.

Maybe the teachers say: "This is what our country once was, before entitlements, wholesale illegal immigration, raping of the US Treasury, and big business and big gov'ment."

At 60 yrs old this is not the county I thought it would be. My wife and I worked hard to build, save, contribute, raise a child properly, follow the rules, do the right thing.

For this you get your job outsourced to India. Discriminated for employment upon by your age, lose the value of your home, and get to burn through your 401K.

You said better than I could.

At 46, I am probably part of the last generation who remember the country how it was. I miss it sorely.

I miss the days when I thought our biggest problems were a $200 billion trade deficit and double digit inflation. We are in far worse shape than we were back in the late 1970's.

I am worried that when I get older, I will be discriminated against as well. I am currently working at 2/3 my prior salary. I am making less than I did 12 years ago, yet prices have gone up about 30-40 percent.

I am disgusted with the low level political discourse going on in this country.

Today, on my way into my apartment, I saw one of those nasty political signs for the mayor. I walked out and pulled the lousy signs out and dumped them in the trash. Its not much, but it felt good.