Thread: vote!

vote!

Watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnUfPQVOqpw
    and then vote!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Here's the thing, Mike:

Leftist statists (Democrats/liberals) take it as a given that collectivism is the normal, natural state of things; that it's "moderate" (and moral) to use force against individuals to compel them to do that which they regard as worthy and proper.

They call it "Democracy" and "Progressive."

They only object to the use of force against others when it doesn't comport with their idea of what's right and proper.

For example, the typical leftist statist supports Obama's heaf-cayuh diktat,which will compel us to enrich private insurance companies and submit to government control over our medical treatment - but he objects to the same government force when applied to compel individuals to give over money for the benefit of the arms industry, in the name of "protecting" us.

Most of all, though, the leftist statist is appalled by the suggestion that no individual "owes" any other individual anything other than goodwill. That we don't have a "social responsibility" to (for example) provide (at gunpoint) heaf-cayuh to countless random strangers; a Social Security check to someone else's parents; taxes to fund schools to pay for the education of other people's children - and so on.

He takes it as a given that each of us "owes" the government; that we should reflexively submit to anything that is "legislated" or "voted" on.

Since the Tea Party at least appears to oppose this - it must be voted down!

We need responsible politicians - like Obama and Boucher and Pelosi!

Libertarians despise the tyranny of the left and the right. Theft is theft; the unjust use of force against any individual is immoral. Period. The "worthy purposes" - as defined by some other person - or group of persons, via the vote - does not magically change the nature of the thing.

The Tea Party movement began as a movement dedicated to the idea that the government exists to keep men from physically harming one another and from defrauding one another; to maintain the rule of law and legitimate national defense - and otherwise, leave every peaceful individual alone, free to live his life as he sees fit, without interference or coercion.

That is the meaning of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." It was what the country was once all about.

The Tea Party was originally Libertarian in nature - and its titular leader was Ron Paul, perhaps the only moral, honest member of Congress. Then the corporate GOP interests representing Sarah Palin took over, or at least, now dominate the movement.

But that does not change the merit of the original movement, which will survive the current takeover and come back with a vengeance after it's clear the current crop of Republican shysters are, as always, no different from the crop of Democrat shysters.

There are millions of us who have had it with this system. We will suffer under it no more.

Anyone who says he has a right to take my money (or yours) for the material benefit of some other person is a thief. Anyone who asserts he has the right to impose his will on me or you by force is a thug.

If he does it using the vote, he is a coward, too. The kind of person who would never have the guts to confront someone himself and try to take his wallet - but who happily "votes," knowing the system will do his dirty work for him while he sleeps snug n' safe in his bed.

Such people are the scum of the earth and deserve to be regarded as such.

It is my hope that very soon, they will be treated as such as well.

I voted - against all incumbents.

I hope you do the same.
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    I voted - against all incumbents.

I hope you do the same.
    Rick Boucher is such a douche that I may end up voting for the other guy just in the hope that the pig-fucker loses his job, even though I know the new pig-fucker won't be any improvement!