Thread: Flash! Illegal aliens cause poverty....

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Flash! Illegal aliens cause poverty....

A study by Harvard professor G. Borjas states that illegal immigrants hurt the unskilled population in the areas they moved into and benefited the other residents because the services previously provided by unskilled locals could now be purchased at a lower price. Any economist would tell you that an increase in the supply of unskilled labor will depress the wages for those services. It wouldn’t be a stretch to claim that unskilled illegal immigrants are one of the factors causing poverty.

Insider Monkey compiled the number of illegal immigrants in each state and calculated the change between 2005 and 2009 using the Pew Hispanic Center’s data, which was derived from Census data).

Here are the 10 states to where illegal immigrants are heading in large numbers:

10. Tie Between Wisconsin and Ohio: 20 thousand more illegal immigrants reside in each of Wisconsin and Ohio. This is a 20% increase, and the eleventh highest in the nation.

9. Missouri: 20 thousand more illegal immigrants reside in Missouri in 2009 compared to 2005.

8. Connecticut: 25 thousand more illegal immigrants live in Connecticut in 2009 compared to 2005.

7. Oregon: 30 thousand more illegal immigrants live in Oregon in 2009 compared to 2005.

6. New Mexico: 30 thousand more illegal immigrants reside in New Mexico in 2009 compared to 2005.

5. Indiana: 35 thousand more illegal immigrants reside in Indiana in 2009 compared to 2005. This 41% increase is the sixth highest in the nation.

4. Louisiana: 40 thousand more illegal immigrants live in Louisiana in 2009 compared to 2005. This 160% increase is the highest in the nation.

3. Alabama: 70 thousand more illegal immigrants live in Alabama in 2009. This 117% increase is the second highest percentage increase.

2. Illinois: 175 thousand more illegal immigrants live currently in Illinois compared to 2005.

1. Texas: 200 thousand more illegal immigrants live currently in Texas compared to 2005.

Me gusta! Si! Se Puede!

No me gusta! No! No Se Puede!

Failure by:

Border personnel that do not stop illegal immigrants.
    People that employ illegal immigrants.
    Politicians that hinder local/national enforcement of immigration laws.

In one sense I do not blame the illegal immigrants since they must see coming to the USA illegally to be worth the risk. If it was not worth the risk they would not come here.

I also think the automatic citizen rule should be reviewed. I do not think it is correct to give a benefit (automatic US citizenship to children born on USA soil) to one who gets here illegally.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

California isn't #1 in this list? How can that be?

I unfortunately reside in this sorry state and yeah, illegals have destroyed California. I see it first hand and working my job I deal with illegals everyday and I hate it. It makes my blood boil. It's so bad that my goal is to simply flee "the California dream" to another state that isn't so destitute. I believe California is so messed up, it's beyond repair.... not that the "citizens" that live here helped out..... they re-elected the same people or people that have connections to current politicians so I'm positive nothing will change.... I'm fed up with everyting here, the cost of living, tougher then thou emission standards, the "greenies", the illegals, the cholos and thugs, and police that are virtually powerless to do their job because they fear reprocusions from the powers that be..... remember when the California Highway Patrol were feared? Not for being corrupt, but because you couldn't run or hide and you would rightously get busted..... not anymore- they can't even pursue criminals anymore...... plus don't get me started on the women who reside here....... yeah I want out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang_Boy View Post
    California isn't #1 in this list? How can that be?

I unfortunately reside in this sorry state and yeah, illegals have destroyed California. I see it first hand and working my job I deal with illegals everyday and I hate it. It makes my blood boil. It's so bad that my goal is to simply flee "the California dream" to another state that isn't so destitute. I believe California is so messed up, it's beyond repair.... not that the "citizens" that live here helped out..... they re-elected the same people or people that have connections to current politicians so I'm positive nothing will change.... I'm fed up with everyting here, the cost of living, tougher then thou emission standards, the "greenies", the illegals, the cholos and thugs, and police that are virtually powerless to do their job because they fear reprocusions from the powers that be..... remember when the California Highway Patrol were feared? Not for being corrupt, but because you couldn't run or hide and you would rightously get busted..... not anymore- they can't even pursue criminals anymore...... plus don't get me started on the women who reside here....... yeah I want out!
    How bad is it? Even here, in very rural SW Virginia (Floyd County, a county that has just one traffic light and a population of maybe 15,000 or so) we have the Me Gustas, too.

Like Mithra, I don't blame them - they're poor and it's better here than in Ol' Me-hee-co.

I blame the system - our system - that makes it so easy or them to come and stay here, most especially the fact that "our" government forces us to pay taxes to provide benefits (education and heaf-cayauh) to the illegals and their progeny.

An easy way to fix the problem would be to pass a law denying any illegal or his kids free access to taxpayer financed services; and end to birthright citizenship for the crotchdroppings of illegals and punitive fines on any employer who hires illegal labor.

You would not have to touch the illegals themselves. They'd Me Gusta their asses home in a quick minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    How bad is it? Even here, in very rural SW Virginia (Floyd County, a county that has just one traffic light and a population of maybe 15,000 or so) we have the Me Gustas, too.

Like Mithra, I don't blame them - they're poor and it's better here than in Ol' Me-hee-co.

I blame the system - our system - that makes it so easy or them to come and stay here, most especially the fact that "our" government forces us to pay taxes to provide benefits (education and heaf-cayauh) to the illegals and their progeny.

An easy way to fix the problem would be to pass a law denying any illegal or his kids free access to taxpayer financed services; and end to birthright citizenship for the crotchdroppings of illegals and punitive fines on any employer who hires illegal labor.

You would not have to touch the illegals themselves. They'd Me Gusta their asses home in a quick minute!
    To answer your question Eric, it's real bad. Quite literally they are taking over southern California. I work for a dealership selling parts and I notice 2 things- on the retail counter, more and more people come in who don't speak one word of english, same thing on the phone too. Another is the wholesale customers.... you would think being in the US that if you owned a business, learning english would kind of be an important detail..... seems I'm wrong. It used to be just one shop that would hire an illegal and it wasn't too often, now it's entire shops that don't speak english that are popping up more and more.... needless to say it's extremely frustrating. Even in my normal routine same thing, in my local Target the mothers (whose parenting skills are lax at best) let their kids run wild and screaming through the isles.... ugh, which way to the asprin isle please? Or how about this, most signage (business, for sale, notices.... etc) is either putting spanish first ahead of english or it's completly spanish. Plus just taking a listen around myself in a public place is all you need to understand how fucked this state is and why I'm moving to New York. All you hear is spanish, no english. Welcome to Mexico North, amigos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang_Boy View Post
    To answer your question Eric, it's real bad. Quite literally they are taking over southern California. I work for a dealership selling parts and I notice 2 things- on the retail counter, more and more people come in who don't speak one word of english, same thing on the phone too. Another is the wholesale customers.... you would think being in the US that if you owned a business, learning english would kind of be an important detail..... seems I'm wrong. It used to be just one shop that would hire an illegal and it wasn't too often, now it's entire shops that don't speak english that are popping up more and more.... needless to say it's extremely frustrating. Even in my normal routine same thing, in my local Target the mothers (whose parenting skills are lax at best) let their kids run wild and screaming through the isles.... ugh, which way to the asprin isle please? Or how about this, most signage (business, for sale, notices.... etc) is either putting spanish first ahead of english or it's completly spanish. Plus just taking a listen around myself in a public place is all you need to understand how fucked this state is and why I'm moving to New York. All you hear is spanish, no english. Welcome to Mexico North, amigos.
    It's pretty bleak. Never before (at least, not in recent history) has a country so willingly dispossessed itself. It's as if there's a desire to see the country turned over to various minorities and foreigners.

The question - why? And by whose efforts? - is the one we need to ask ourselves.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It's pretty bleak. Never before (at least, not in recent history) has a country so willingly dispossessed itself. It's as if there's a desire to see the country turned over to various minorities and foreigners.

The question - why? And by whose efforts? - is the one we need to ask ourselves.
    The cliché "Follow the money" might be useful.

It might be big business interests. When millions are involved a few dollars here and there really add up.

It might be the MI complex. Billions are spent on wars I (and probably most people) do not need. I know congress did not vote on these wars. The MI complex is spread throughout the country so it makes it more difficult to vote down the spending for the various projects of the MI comlpex.

It might just be a case of looking for short term gain over long term benefits. (ie If I could temporarily increase profits for a few quarters I can sellout before the $h!t hits the fan.)

It may be a sense of apathy and/or helplessness. What can I do? or I do not care.

It is disappointing. At times I think the globalization is not worth the trouble and effort. The benefits are outweighed by negatives.

Sorry for the rant.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez