Thread: Windows Phone

Windows Phone

I need a Windows Phone bad!

It will have messaging, outlook, buttbook, and twitter just to name a few. - a phone to save me.

Because life will cease to exist without one.

I need these necessary stupidities, so does everyone.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I need a Windows Phone bad!

It will have messaging, outlook, buttbook, and twitter just to name a few. - a phone to save me.

Because life will cease to exist without one.

I need these necessary stupidities, so does everyone.
    I try not to sound like a crickety Get Off My Lawn! geezer, but I do remember the world, pre cell phone - circa 1990 - and it worked ok.

I have never felt the need to be on the freaking phone all the time; if I need to make a call, the house phone works fine. Maybe it's not portable, so I can't make that all important call about my favorite scene fro last night's episode of Dancing With the Stars right this very second, but at least when I do make the call, it won't break up while I'm talking to you and the phone itself only cost me $12 instead of $400.

You don't think it's important to have a live stream of senseless data coming through on your twitter feed?

How about when people sign your facebook wall, still don't want the updates?

Okay okay, how about if you get an email? Don't you want to know at that very second?

How can you live without all your favorite mp3s ringing in your ears at all times of the day?!

You are a weird dude.. What's wrong with you!

-Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    You don't think it's important to have a live stream of senseless data coming through on your twitter feed?

How about when people sign your facebook wall, still don't want the updates?

Okay okay, how about if you get an email? Don't you want to know at that very second?

How can you live without all your favorite mp3s ringing in your ears at all times of the day?!

You are a weird dude.. What's wrong with you!
    I know!

I'm outta time; got to find a way back to 1985...

I've got a cell phone but rarely turn it on. My mom is getting on in years and I got one to talk to my sister when we need to handle mom's health issues. It's been a blessing for that. Literally, life and death a couple of times. I also added my nephew so eliminate his cell phone bill as well as using the third line I had available.

I was looking at my bill once to make sure extra little charges didn't sneak on there. (It's happened before.) A lot of our roll over minutes have expired. My nephew and his mom (my sister) talk to each other quite a bit but they use it during off peak and mobile to mobile is free anyway. When I looked at the minutes usage, I found

My nephew used 610 minutes.

My sister used 490 minutes.

I used 34 minutes last month.

My current phone is 5 or 6 years old and getting rather shop worn. It works fine so I haven't replaced it yet. I'm thinking of getting another one with a camera but that's about it. I have a computer to get on the internet. I have e-mail which works just fine on that same computer. I just want a phone that is comfortable to carry and use.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I've got a cell phone but rarely turn it on. My mom is getting on in years and I got one to talk to my sister when we need to handle mom's health issues. It's been a blessing for that. Literally, life and death a couple of times. I also added my nephew so eliminate his cell phone bill as well as using the third line I had available.

I was looking at my bill once to make sure extra little charges didn't sneak on there. (It's happened before.) A lot of our roll over minutes have expired. My nephew and his mom (my sister) talk to each other quite a bit but they use it during off peak and mobile to mobile is free anyway. When I looked at the minutes usage, I found

My nephew used 610 minutes.

My sister used 490 minutes.

I used 34 minutes last month.

My current phone is 5 or 6 years old and getting rather shop worn. It works fine so I haven't replaced it yet. I'm thinking of getting another one with a camera but that's about it. I have a computer to get on the internet. I have e-mail which works just fine on that same computer. I just want a phone that is comfortable to carry and use.
    I get my phones used off of Craigslist. That prevents me from having to buy "insurance" under some stupid plan in case I need to back up my contact information. I can use the phone in the drawer as a back up until the contract runs out.

I have been seriously considering disconnecting from the cellphone world, although I think that I'm too addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I get my phones used off of Craigslist. That prevents me from having to buy "insurance" under some stupid plan in case I need to back up my contact information. I can use the phone in the drawer as a back up until the contract runs out.

I have been seriously considering disconnecting from the cellphone world, although I think that I'm too addicted.
    Do it.

Unless you're a doctor on call, you can likely function just fine without a sail fawn.

Amazingly, the whole world did just that prior to about 1995. All of ten years ago.

We've convinced ourselves we need this crap but we don't.

Funny how all this "increased productivity" isn't making most of us any richer or even more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post

Tracfones are the deal!

$9 at Walmart for the phone and you can set it all up online for adding minutes. $9 a month for 30 minutes. It's not bad at all and you don't need any type of insurance.

My bad, I just looked, it's $10 for the phone.

Still might be cheaper at Walmart, haven't price them there since I purchased mine two years ago.

http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdir...sionId=7192062

You really can't beat it!

-Mussolini