Thread: Mercedes Benz discontinues free Roadside Assistance progam

Thumbs down Mercedes Benz discontinues free Roadside Assistance progam

I just got a letter in the mail from Mercedes that basically says because I don't take my car to the dealer for service I am not eligible for free roadside assistance as of January 1st, 2011.

Prior to this Mercedes Benz offered a free jump start, two gallons of gasoline (or diesel fuel), and would change your flat for free; regardless of vehicle age or miles. Now the only way to get the free assistance is to have the vehicle serviced at a Mercedes dealer or the vehicle must be under warranty.

Mercedes Benz was the only manufacturer to offer this service and had been offering it since the 1960's.

They would give you the free tow to the nearest Mercedes dealer.

Despite all the problems I had with my ML-320 (18 trips to the dealer over 39 months), it never stranded me, requiring a tow.

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseleverything View Post
    I just got a letter in the mail from Mercedes that basically says because I don't take my car to the dealer for service I am not eligible for free roadside assistance as of January 1st, 2011.

Prior to this Mercedes Benz offered a free jump start, two gallons of gasoline (or diesel fuel), and would change your flat for free; regardless of vehicle age or miles. Now the only way to get the free assistance is to have the vehicle serviced at a Mercedes dealer or the vehicle must be under warranty.

Mercedes Benz was the only manufacturer to offer this service and had been offering it since the 1960's.
    It's another Sign of the Decline.

Why buy a Mercedes? Seriously? They're not over-built/tough like they once were famous for being. But they are overpriced.

My opinion: They've become ghetto and white trash rich. Cars for people desperate to show how flush they bees.

Maybe I'm just becoming an old fart, but none of the new stuff has the class, the stately elegance of an old S-Class.

Whenever I get one to drive, I feel like a shyster lawyer.