Thread: More about schools

More about schools

This guy is a professional ghost-writer for students. He writes their papers, which they then pass off as original work.

No wonder the country is in trouble, if the people running it never did their own work.

From my experience, three demographic groups seek out my services: the English-as-second-language student; the hopelessly deficient student; and the lazy rich kid.

For the last, colleges are a perfect launching ground—they are built to reward the rich and to forgive them their laziness. Let's be honest: The successful among us are not always the best and the brightest, and certainly not the most ethical. My favorite customers are those with an unlimited supply of money and no shortage of instructions on how they would like to see their work executed. While the deficient student will generally not know how to ask for what he wants until he doesn't get it, the lazy rich student will know exactly what he wants. He is poised for a life of paying others and telling them what to do. Indeed, he is acquiring all the skills he needs to stay on top.
    http://chronicle.com/article/article-content/125329/

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    This guy is a professional ghost-writer for students. He writes their papers, which they then pass off as original work.

No wonder the country is in trouble, if the people running it never did their own work.

http://chronicle.com/article/article-content/125329/

Chip H.
    My wife and I were walking yesterday and she mentioned two people she knows - both of whom have doctorates, but whose letters are riddled with basic spelling and grammar errors.

Maybe it's just that we're sensitive to this given I'm a writer with a newspaper/magazine background and she's an editor for a peer-reviewed medical journal.

But I think it's pretty sad even so...

Basic grammar & spelling errors start to cast doubt on their other abilities, for sure.

Chip H.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    Basic grammar & spelling errors start to cast doubt on their other abilities, for sure.

Chip H.
    And let's not forget, the sainted "Dr." King - who plagiarized portions of his dissertation but wasn't called on it... because he's the sainted "Dr." King.