Thread: Old Billy's getting hitched to some chick.

Old Billy's getting hitched to some chick.

Am I the only one here who does not give one single remote damn about some 'Royal' rich kid over in the UK getting hitched? I suppose it would matter more if the monarchy he is a part of was anything other than a tourist attraction for wealthy Germans, but as it stands I dont care.
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    Am I the only one here who does not give one single remote damn about some 'Royal' rich kid over in the UK getting hitched? I suppose it would matter more if the monarchy he is a part of was anything other than a tourist attraction for wealthy Germans, but as it stands I dont care.
    Count me in.

The "royals" are about as important/relevant to my life - to any of our lives - as fuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhttttttball.

But the idiot masses eat this shit up. Which is why our society is crumbling before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    I agree. I also do not care much about most entertainment/sports personalities unless they were to start paying me a salary to be interested in them.

In general, I am disappointed by the lack of news provided on most local and national news outlets. (in the usa)

Usually, they only thing they get right is the weather and coverage of local sports teams. (And this can be provided from other sources in more detail for those that are interested.)

FSTV, LinkTV, BBC and PBS do a better job, imo, of providing meaningful/useful news on the tv. Internet also has good sources for news/information.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Count me in.

The "royals" are about as important/relevant to my life - to any of our lives - as fuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhttttttball.

But the idiot masses eat this shit up. Which is why our society is crumbling before our eyes.
    To the citizens of the Uk and Commonwealth the Royal Family, headed by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, is a part of the rich tradition of our country. The Royal Family is not relevant to our lives but it is a most definite part of it. I do accept that tradition is something that your emerging countries have little concept of.

The Royal Family contribute much, financially, to our country and are patrons of many good and valuable charities. They are one of the reasons that millions of people, from all over the world, travel to this country to see so many of our traditional, ceremonial, events. That 'Rich Kid Billy' or, as we prefer to know him William Wales, is a serving officer (Air Sea Rescue Helicopter Pilot) in the Royal Air Force - not a gratuitous honorary rank but one earned by going through the same selection and training process as any other serving officer. Prince Andy, affectionately known as Air Miles Andy was also a serving helicopter pilot and Prince Harry is an Apache helicopter pilot who has also seen active service in Afghanistan. Prince Phillip, like our Queen performs many hundred of royal engagements each and every year covering an enormous variety of civic and national functions.

Might I suggest that, before you start to criticise people you obviously know little or nothing about, you actually do a little research into the intended subjects of your vituperation.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.