Thread: Illegal bags

Illegal bags

I see where some more California communities are planning to ban plastic bags at the grocery store. I've never liked these things anyway. I can reuse paper bags, sometimes repeatedly, and I often get home to find one item in each plastic bag that I get at the store. I've had them ask me if I want my milk on a bag. No, it's in a bottle already, a bag will leak. I can carry it by the handle, no need for a bag. Why not just package foods in bags, like potato chips, in bags with handles aready?

I may ask for a bag if I have a lot of little things but why waste the bags like we do?
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I see where some more California communities are planning to ban plastic bags at the grocery store. I've never liked these things anyway. I can reuse paper bags, sometimes repeatedly, and I often get home to find one item in each plastic bag that I get at the store. I've had them ask me if I want my milk on a bag. No, it's in a bottle already, a bag will leak. I can carry it by the handle, no need for a bag. Why not just package foods in bags, like potato chips, in bags with handles aready?

I may ask for a bag if I have a lot of little things but why waste the bags like we do?
    I prefer (and ask for) paper also, for similar reasons - but I don't endorse a legal ban on plastic bags. The country's choking in laws and this one's another we don't need. PLus, I bet those California "communities" are enclaves of affluent liberal Yuppie types, who drive expensive new cars and live in expensive houses. Yet they want to ban plastic bags to save the planet....

Actually, I like the plastic bags. I re-use them when emptying the cat's litter box.

But I do agree that the baggers at the supermarket don't fill them as high as they could.

Chip H.

I'm going to try and do a little linking...

Jar of Planters Peanuts now states: "Choking hazzard" ... "Do Not Give Nuts To Children Under Six Years of Age."

Our country is truely fu<ked!