Thread: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

OK, sure, the economy could be better, there are fanatics out there that would like us gone, however let's look at things that are good with our country.

We have freedom of speech,we can worship a deity or not, we can walk, fly, drive or ride where ever we'd like. We have football, Disneyland, movies galore and let's not forget the internet where we chat and exchange ideas freely.

I, like I'm sure many of you are, am first generation born in this country. Both of my parents came from across the pond. Am I happy they came to America? Damned right! However I'm more thankful that there was an America for them to come to.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post
    OK, sure, the economy could be better, there are fanatics out there that would like us gone, however let's look at things that are good with our country.

We have freedom of speech,we can worship a deity or not, we can walk, fly, drive or ride where ever we'd like. We have football, Disneyland, movies galore and let's not forget the internet where we chat and exchange ideas freely.

I, like I'm sure many of you are, am first generation born in this country. Both of my parents came from across the pond. Am I happy they came to America? Damned right! However I'm more thankful that there was an America for them to come to.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    Hey, JP, that is a great piece of positive thinking. Being an optimist is a great asset as your glass is always half full, not half empty.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Hey, JP, that is a great piece of positive thinking. Being an optimist is a great asset as your glass is always half full, not half empty.

================================================== ======
    Thank you, however in my chosen profession my glass is always full

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfrtbkr View Post

================================================== ======
    Thank you, however in my chosen profession my glass is always full
    If your glass is allways full, you ain't drinkin fast enough. But then again, if ya drink too fast yer glass ends up empty. If ya empty it too often too fast, ya get a bit silly. And you know what that leads to the next morning,,, I guess I'll stick to the half full myself.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.....