Thread: Am I the only one....?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Am I the only one....?

Who thinks the Bugatti Veyron is uglier than a red-assed baboon? That urinal-looking front end... the cockroach-like flanks.

I miss beautiful exotics like the old Muria (and even the Countach, which was a startling, insolent thing). The new ones are mostly garish and fucked-up looking. That includes the god-awful Ferrari Enzo, too!

Yeah, that car looks like shit.

When I hit the lottery I will not be purchasing one, that is for sure!

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Who thinks the Bugatti Veyron is uglier than a red-assed baboon? That urinal-looking front end... the cockroach-like flanks.

I miss beautiful exotics like the old Muria (and even the Countach, which was a startling, insolent thing). The new ones are mostly garish and fucked-up looking. That includes the god-awful Ferrari Enzo, too!

Now I know why the Edsel didn't sell. It had a similar grill but wasn't expensive enough.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

It is. Plus I think the nonsense of having to use a special key to unlock the total performance of a car that costs that much is stupid imo. While it may be the fastest top speed wise, there are other cars that would kill this car on a racetrack because they have better balance, and they cost signifigantly less as well.... oh and most look better too.

If I ever found myself in a posistion to buy a car like that, I would buy a Ford GT, it might not be as fast as the Veyron, but it's still fast enough! My other choices would be a red Ferrari 458 Italia (just look at it!) or a Lamborghini Murcielago, especially in dark grey.... while not pretty, it just looks evil and sinister and that works for me, plus I love how it's V12 sounds too!

Bugattis were elegant, graceful, subtle cars - even the Royale. The Veyron is none of these.

If I were in the position to buy a "supercar" I think it would be an Audi R8 - never thought I'd hear myself saying I'd prefer an Audi over a Ferrari!

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
    Bugattis were elegant, graceful, subtle cars - even the Royale. The Veyron is none of these.

If I were in the position to buy a "supercar" I think it would be an Audi R8 - never thought I'd hear myself saying I'd prefer an Audi over a Ferrari!

But it can do 251 mph!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    The Ford GT is my kind of exotic!

It's the only that I'd buy if I had the means.

The new Ferraris are pretty but the GT just has the animal savagery of the original GT40, which was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid.

I also dig the Pantera; sure, it's unstable and handles like a truck - but that 351 howling two inches behind your head is the ticket!