Thread: Why Work?

Why Work?

a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

(you'll need a wide monitor to see the full chart)

Chip H.

It's slavery - only in reverse.

Watch the Maury show sometime - 3, 4, 5, bastards all different baby daddys. I's had 19 men tested to find mah chillin's.

I'll tell you what kind of scum these people are - they put utility bills under their childrens name - then don't pay.

When the kids go apply for credit, they are denied because of the outstanding debt. My wife was a social worker - heard it all.
    Last edited by dBrong; 12-11-2010 at 10:07 PM.

That is some sick shit. I wonder how many people are actually doing that?

Sen. Sanders To Rich "Crybabies": "When Is Enough, Enough?"

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

(you'll need a wide monitor to see the full chart)

Chip H.
    In a related vein:

I need to finish finishing our basement; also could use a remodeled kitchen. Why shouldn't I just charge $40-50k on my credit cards - and then just refuse to pay? I gots no money, mahhhhhnnnn! Wachoo goinz ta do?

I'm serious. I read one story after the next about people just walking away from monster credit card debt by saying, in effect, Ise gots no money! Ise bankrupt!

What the fuck is in it for me to be honest and pay my fucking bills?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    In a related vein: I'm serious. I read one story after the next about people just walking away from monster credit card debt by saying, in effect, Ise gots no money! Ise bankrupt!

A credit card is an unsecured loan. You not given them any collateral. You can walk away. Natrually it will haunt you for sometime to come.

Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post
    A credit card is an unsecured loan. You not given them any collateral. You can walk away. Natrually it will haunt you for sometime to come.
    Yeah, they can "ruin" my credit... well, who cares? I get the $50k in home improvement! Yeah, baby, yeah!

Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscience....

In all seriousness: What is the incentive to play it straight? And when currently decent people decide there's no point to playing it straight, it's Game Over.

Human free for all....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    In a related vein:

I need to finish finishing our basement; also could use a remodeled kitchen. Why shouldn't I just charge $40-50k on my credit cards - and then just refuse to pay? I gots no money, mahhhhhnnnn! Wachoo goinz ta do?

I'm serious. I read one story after the next about people just walking away from monster credit card debt by saying, in effect, Ise gots no money! Ise bankrupt!

It is *precisely* stuff like that which is why we need to bring back debtor's prison. You can walk away from debt...but youll be walking to the big house for a long stretch of hard labour supervised by a crabby Rosa Klebb with a bullwhip.

Walk away from $25,000 in debt? Nope - work it off in a sweatshop, with each hour of work counting towards a dollar of your debt. You would wear a uniform and live in a dorm where privacy does not exist. Your meals would be spartan - bread, water, hardtack, powdered eggs, and maybe an orange on Christmas. No days off - ever. Everything you own gets confiscated, sold, and the money used to help pay your debts. You bathe in cold water every day and they shave your head. Pull that 'you caint make me do nuffens' crap and you earn yourself a thrashing and a windowless oubliette until you grow a brain and get to work.

Yeah, I know - mean, callous, hurtful, rayzess mofuggen bix nood ann sheet, etc. But let me remind any ninnies soiling their panties over this one that the cost of these deadbeats is passed on to *me* in terms of higher interest rates and fees. I am certain that a return to the debtor's houses of the late 18th century would do well at getting people to think twice about being deadbeats - especially when being a deadbeat gets you, well...beat.
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    It is *precisely* stuff like that which is why we need to bring back debtor's prison. You can walk away from debt...but youll be walking to the big house for a long stretch of hard labour supervised by a crabby Rosa Klebb with a bullwhip.

Walk away from $25,000 in debt? Nope - work it off in a sweatshop, with each hour of work counting towards a dollar of your debt. You would wear a uniform and live in a dorm where privacy does not exist. Your meals would be spartan - bread, water, hardtack, powdered eggs, and maybe an orange on Christmas. No days off - ever. Everything you own gets confiscated, sold, and the money used to help pay your debts. You bathe in cold water every day and they shave your head. Pull that 'you caint make me do nuffens' crap and you earn yourself a thrashing and a windowless oubliette until you grow a brain and get to work.

Yeah, I know - mean, callous, hurtful, rayzess mofuggen bix nood ann sheet, etc. But let me remind any ninnies soiling their panties over this one that the cost of these deadbeats is passed on to *me* in terms of higher interest rates and fees. I am certain that a return to the debtor's houses of the late 18th century would do well at getting people to think twice about being deadbeats - especially when being a deadbeat gets you, well...beat.
    Hot damn!

Post of the day...

To paraphrase the immortal Sam Kinneson: I like the way you think....