Thread: Passed a pair of Clovers today...

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Passed a pair of Clovers today...

Today, the roads are completely clear of the snow that fell over the weekend. But to a Clover, one must still drive 20 mph below the speed limit - because the aura of the snow may still be there. Or something like that, I guess. It's the only reason I can come up with for these Clovers' behavior.

I had to blast past two of them gimping along at just under 40 mph on a road with a 55 mph speed limit.

Naturally, they flashed their Cloverbeams at me for daring to pass them, since everyone knows that Clovers know the best speed and what's good for us all.

I waved to the Clovers as I blew by them. Maybe one (or both) will pop a vein as a result!

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Today, the roads are completely clear of the snow that fell over the weekend. But to a Clover, one must still drive 20 mph below the speed limit - because the aura of the snow may still be there. Or something like that, I guess. It's the only reason I can come up with for these Clovers' behavior.

I had to blast past two of them gimping along at just under 40 mph on a road with a 55 mph speed limit.

Naturally, they flashed their Cloverbeams at me for daring to pass them, since everyone knows that Clovers know the best speed and what's good for us all.

I waved to the Clovers as I blew by them. Maybe one (or both) will pop a vein as a result!
    I would extend my middle finger for flashing their cloverbeams.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I would extend my middle finger for flashing their cloverbeams.
    I'd like to own an older diesel; one of those deals that would send up a huge cloud of sooty smoke when you floored it. Then I'd wait for a Clover to appear, pass him - then slow down to a crawl.... before enveloping him in a cloud of mechanical fart gasses!