Thread: European nations begin seizing pensions

European nations begin seizing pensions

The most striking example is Hungary, where last month the government made the citizens an offer they could not refuse. They could either remit their individual retirement savings to the state, or lose the right to the basic state pension (but still have an obligation to pay contributions for it). In this extortionate way, the government wants to gain control over $14bn of individual retirement savings.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Th...ivate-pensions

The feds had better not be getting any ideas.

Chip H.

It's gonna happen here - sooner or later!

30 years of work down the drain. Not quite 30 but getting there. No pension,no savings,no social security another thing that might not be around and in my case loosing house too. Well at least I have a job but kind of on shaky grounds. I don't know just keep smiling.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiph View Post
    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Th...ivate-pensions

The feds had better not be getting any ideas.

Chip H.
    My wife and I have been discussing liquidating our 401ks, taking the tax hit, etc. At least we'd get 60 percent of the current value - which beats hell out of 100 percent of nothing.

Filthy, loathsome parasites. My fantasy is to be endowed with super powers - like Dr. Manhattan from "The Watchmen" - and use them to pop into nonexistence every single asshole who believes he has the right to forcibly take other people's property (or direct anyone else's life) for any purpose whatsoever.

After that, football worshippers and anyone who claims he "knows" Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Filthy, loathsome parasites. My fantasy is to be endowed with super powers - like Dr. Manhattan from "The Watchmen" - and use them to pop into nonexistence every single asshole who believes he has the right to forcibly take other people's property (or direct anyone else's life) for any purpose whatsoever.
    Here's a likely scenario: The Congress & POTUS finally realize that the US is bankrupt beyond BullShit Lies, beyond quanatative easing (printing money out of thin air), beyond creative accounting, beyond intergenerational bonding schemes, in short beyond repair.

But wait - they're licking their chops - there's one last cookie jar - pensions and 401K's. It's my bet that they will propose that you will have to give up all or part of your retirement savings if you want to be elegible for SS or Obama Care or Medicare or ......

And once people give up their money, 'the gubment' can turn around and change all the rules in these plans, and fu<k the people again.

It's sorta like 'Paying Protection' to the mob.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dBrong View Post

It's sorta like 'Paying Protection' to the mob.
    Well, at least with the mob, you were getting something for your money. In mob neighborhoods, the crime rate was pretty low.

In addition, the mob didn't molest you at the airport, debase the value of your currency and ship your job overseas.

The government has these things in mind and wants to make you a serf. The mob is bad. Very bad, but not as bad as what the government has become.