Thread: 1984 Is Here - No Kidding

1984 Is Here - No Kidding

I could not believe my ears when I heard an American Family Insurance ad. It spoke about "in car camera."

To quote their web site:

The Teen Safe Driver SM Program uses innovative technology and parent feedback to help teens become safer drivers. As a result, the program can help dramatically reduce risky teen driving behavior. And the best part is it’s absolutely free for automobile insurance customers of American Family Insurance!

On average the Teen Safe Driver SM Program reduces risky driver behavior by 70% according to an independent review by the University of Iowa.
    Here’s how it works:

• A small audio/video recording device installed behind the rearview mirror of the car driven by your teen.
    • When triggered by erratic vehicle movements, such as extreme braking, acceleration, cornering or a collision, the device provides a video clip of what occurred the 10 seconds before and after the event.
    • The recorded event is sent wirelessly to analysts, where it is reviewed and scored and coaching tips are offered.
    • Each week parents and teens are encouraged to review and discuss the results, which they access through a secure Website.

That is sweet! I would like to get one for every different activity I am involved in.

Think of the possibilities!

The "in the sack" camera, or "hump vision."

The sad part is they get people to really want it.

Then before we know it there are cameras everywhere, well kind of like it is now.

We ALL end up suffering because a few brainwashed clovers think this is good.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Whew glad got my daughter out and running before all this spy snitch stuff . Still I'd love to see what my son use to do with my old Contour that thing got abused when that boy was a teenager. Got to love a beater he put that thing to rest.