Thread: Pay attention to details

Pay attention to details

I was driving my Mark VII coupe today. The old girl fired right up in the 6 degree weather and the heater put out plenty of heat. I had a couple of times where it seemed to want to stall or bog down. I pulled into a gas station and figured I'd fill her up since it had been a while. When I replaced the pressure fuel pump, I had to drain the fuel tank and didn't fill it all the way up. I'd just put some in it from time to time. When I got done, I put 19.6 gallons in the tank. The 20 gallon tank.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I was driving my Mark VII coupe today. The old girl fired right up in the 6 degree weather and the heater put out plenty of heat. I had a couple of times where it seemed to want to stall or bog down. I pulled into a gas station and figured I'd fill her up since it had been a while. When I replaced the pressure fuel pump, I had to drain the fuel tank and didn't fill it all the way up. I'd just put some in it from time to time. When I got done, I put 19.6 gallons in the tank. The 20 gallon tank.
    What does this mean? Does it mean that the fuel gauge was not accurately indicating the correct fuel level?

Do you mean you almost left yourself running on empty since you did not put enough fuel into car?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    What does this mean? Does it mean that the fuel gauge was not accurately indicating the correct fuel level?

Do you mean you almost left yourself running on empty since you did not put enough fuel into car?

It means my digital dash doesn't work and I can't see the fuel level. I've been driving it but kept forgetting to put fuel in. I've narrowed the dash problem down to either a bad ground or a failed circuit board on the dash cluster.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.