Thread: Couple of Clovers

GibsMuhDat

Couple of Clovers

Had to pass two of them yesterday. Both doing 40-ish in a 55, with the second car tailgating the lead car. But the second Clover would not pass the first Clover.

So I passed them both!

Quote Originally Posted by GibsMuhDat View Post
    Had to pass two of them yesterday. Both doing 40-ish in a 55, with the second car tailgating the lead car. But the second Clover would not pass the first Clover.

So I passed them both!
    What is a Clover?
    Trevor

Here is a description.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Welcome to the Daily Clover – a feature of epautos.com which documents the proliferation of clovers on our highways. Although a clover is commonly known as a 3 or a 4 leafed plant pollinated by honey bees, it is also a member of the pea family. Our definition of a clover is a pea brained driver who practices unnecessary breaking and swerving, causes traffic delays driving below the normal speed of traffic and continues to block traffic around him, oblivious (intentionally or not) to everyone around him or her. While it has been heard that the green clover is being driven to extinction by pollination decline, the four-wheeled maggot variety continues to infest our highways in ever greater numbers in all types of vehicular dress from foreign made economy compacts and mid sized sedans to SUV's and high performance sedans and the occasional sports car. We need to document the actions of the four-wheeled clover in order to remove this menace from our highways. The Daily Clover is the first step in this ongoing process.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Here is a description.
    Thanks very much.
    Because of the "Graying of America" we are likely to see an ever increasing number of clovers, unfortunately.
    Trevor

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tcolby View Post
    Thanks very much.
    Because of the "Graying of America" we are likely to see an ever increasing number of clovers, unfortunately.
    Well, yes. Older people on the average do drive a bit slower, but age is not a primary indicator of a clover. Clovers can be anywhere from 16 to 106. In the middle 80's, when I had been on the road a few years, I noticed a lot of clovers in my age bracket. I found it amazing. People in their 20's and 30's driving like grandma. I realized that it was the 55 mph speed limit caused this whole phenomenon. On the highways, things began to improve a little after the relaxation to 65 mph on rural interstates, but the problem was still prevalent. The reason that clovers pose such a problem is because of the sheer number of vehciles on the road. I contend that clovers comprise the same percentage of vehicles as they did 25 years ago. The only difference is that they cause more problems for a greater number of drivers since there are about 2x as many cars on the same roads that were around 40 years ago.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsMuhDat View Post

So I passed them both!
    That's awful. You actually likely passed a clover and a sheep, not two clovers. It is important to notice the difference!