Thread: Paying in cash? Could be a terrorist!

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Paying in cash? Could be a terrorist!

More legacy of The Chimp:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    More legacy of The Chimp:

Be Alert, or is that be a Lert? A Lert sees danger everywhere. A Lert is always on the lookout. A Lert is a patriot who knows that terrorists are everywhere just waiting to commit acts of violence and mayhem. Oh, by the way, how many hotels have been blown up in the last year due to lack of Lerts?

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

I ALWAYS look under my bed and behind the shower curtain.

Ain't no fucking terrorist going to sneak up on my ass!

Oh, and I welcome people to leave cars at my house.

Shoot, scrap metal is worth a lot and I could dump a bunch of parts off at ebay.

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

Staff
    That is incendiary. In addition, the idea of having to show ID to stay at a hotel reeks of Nazism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    More legacy of The Chimp
    Isn't it odd that all of the 'suspiscious' people in the video are obviously Americans? There are no Indians or Pakistanis or Somalis or obvious foreigners.

As a precaution, I give my wife a through TSA pat down every night!!

Staff
    http://www.elliott.org/blog/hotel-sh...an-it-do-that/

There is no requirement to show ID at a hotel nor is it a requirement that you pay with a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    That is incendiary. In addition, the idea of having to show ID to stay at a hotel reeks of Nazism.
    Huh. I always thought it was to prevent others from stealing your hotel reservation. You show up only to find that some douchebag came in ahead of you, pretended to be you, and is now staying in your room. I could be wrong, though.
    Last edited by RebelKnightCSA; 04-24-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: I can has good grammar? Typo fix.
    If we should give Abraham Lincoln credit for uniting America, then we should give Adolf Hitler credit for uniting Europe, as both men used the same methods for the same goals.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    Huh. I always thought it was to prevent others from stealing your hotel reservation. You show up only to find that some douchebag came in ahead of you, pretended to be you, and is now staying in your room. I could be wrong, though.
    How would they know it was you. Your credit card would be enough to guarantee your reservation. If your name matches the credit card, you're in. I want to do away with this ID society.

Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelKnightCSA View Post
    How would they know it was you. Your credit card would be enough to guarantee your reservation. If your name matches the credit card, you're in.
    You should be able to use cash as well.

Next path on the slippery slope is to require biometric fingerprint or eye scans to get into the hotel room you paid for.

I want to do away with this ID society.

Society functioned perfectly well without all this ID crap. There was never a whole lot of room stealing going on before they started asking for ID's at hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    How would they know it was you. Your credit card would be enough to guarantee your reservation. If your name matches the credit card, you're in.
    You should be able to use cash as well.

Next path on the slippery slope is to require biometric fingerprint or eye scans to get into the hotel room you paid for.

I want to do away with this ID society.

Society functioned perfectly well without all this ID crap. There was never a whole lot of room stealing going on before they started asking for ID's at hotel rooms.
    I knew someone that lost his dinner reservation. His name was a common name and someone else came in (also with reservation but at a later time) and took the reservation from him. No one to blame, just coincidence.

From then he would book under his cat's name, Mezzo, and he never lost his reservation again.

Regarding the hotel reservation with a credit card: You can reserve a room with any credit card and pay with another card or with cash. Most hotels do request a card on file in case of any damages or misc. charges. (They want some assurance that they will be paid, although if someone uses a phony card or a card that does not belong to them, then I doubt that they will get paid what they think they deserve.)

I agree regarding that ID is not necessary for a hotel to function. They have a room, you want to rent. I am sure they would rent to anyone provided they could pay for the room and services.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez