Thread: Ruger LCP and Meco pocket holster

Ruger LCP and Meco pocket holster

I've been using the Ruger LCP as my carry for about a year now and am very pleased with it's performance. Many aren't comfortable with the .380 round... but for those of us that are it's super convenient because you don't have to dress for your firearm. I've put about 300 rounds through it without a hitch (cheap winchester white box.) The trigger pull is heavy.. but I like this property in a handgun that is stuck in the pocket (sometimes without a trigger guard/holster.)

I think what really makes this pocket gun (for me) is the Meco rear pocket holster. It is perfect in the back pocket (even driving/sitting on it) and works great in a cargo pocket as well.

I'm not sure how to include photos inline... here is a link to an uploaded image (in the gallery.)

http://epautos.com/gallery/files/8/9...3_13.50.19.jpg

PS. Forgive the background birthday card in the photo. I originally emailed this photo to my brother and couldn't resist including the 'treat'.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I've been using the Ruger LCP as my carry for about a year now and am very pleased with it's performance. Many aren't comfortable with the .380 round... but for those of us that are it's super convenient because you don't have to dress for your firearm. I've put about 300 rounds through it without a hitch (cheap winchester white box.) The trigger pull is heavy.. but I like this property in a handgun that is stuck in the pocket (sometimes without a trigger guard/holster.)

I think what really makes this pocket gun (for me) is the Meco rear pocket holster. It is perfect in the back pocket (even driving/sitting on it) and works great in a cargo pocket as well.

I'm not sure how to include photos inline... here is a link to an uploaded image (in the gallery.)

http://epautos.com/gallery/files/8/9...3_13.50.19.jpg

PS. Forgive the background birthday card in the photo. I originally emailed this photo to my brother and couldn't resist including the 'treat'.
    Looks like a nice piece!

Is it a single stack or double stack?

The Bersa has a de-cocking safety system that is (I think) essential for a CC semi-auto.

You can safely carry it with a round in the pipe and know it is not going to go off, even if by some bizarre circumstance you pulled the trigger. It will only fire if you thumb the de-cock lever, but this is quick and easy thing to do vs. working the slide to chamber a round.

I also shoot the cheapies in my Bersa but use Hornadays or Golden Sabres for actual carry... the latter have a pretty solid kick for a .380!
    i

Single stack and is very thin (.82 inch), it holds 6 and 1 in the chamber. This is double action only with a long trigger pull so no need for a decock (or safety in my opinion.)

The Bersa sounds like a pistol that'd be more fun to shoot. Like most Rugers it's plenty of bang for the buck. I like the fact that the barrel is fixed (vs floating) and has reasonable sights. The sights are the one thing I'm not jazzed about on the LCP... but then again these pocket guns weren't really made for use in "aim" type situations.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Single stack and is very thin (.82 inch), it holds 6 and 1 in the chamber. This is double action only with a long trigger pull so no need for a decock (or safety in my opinion.)

The Bersa sounds like a pistol that'd be more fun to shoot. Like most Rugers it's plenty of bang for the buck. I like the fact that the barrel is fixed (vs floating) and has reasonable sights. The sights are the one thing I'm not jazzed about on the LCP... but then again these pocket guns weren't really made for use in "aim" type situations.
    Sounds right!

The Bersa's SA/DAO (like my Sig). You can get it in either single stack or double stack models; mine's the single - and with the extended mag it holds nine rounds.

It's proved to be a very reliable and fun to shoot gun. Plus, it's a deal. It cost less than a fourth what I paid for the Sig!

PS: My neighbor down the road is a state cop and he carries a Sig .357 - which is mean SOB with lotsa penetrating power. It's DAO only, too.