Thread: Clovers and emergency vehicles.

Hybrid View

Clovers and emergency vehicles.

I was heading to work today and was going by an apartment complex. I could see an ambulance coming down the road towards me and then I saw a fire truck coming from the right. Both had all their lights flashing and sirens wailing. Of course I stopped where I was to let them go where ever they needed to. They were heading to the apartments I had just passed. Now, a bright red fire truck and an orange and white ambulance are hard to miss. Both had to stop while an old man in a Cadillac Excalade came through. When the ambulance hit the buzz feature, the old fart flipped them off. I sure wish I'd had a badge at that time. As both came by me, they waved at me. I guess they appreciate people who will let them through.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I was heading to work today and was going by an apartment complex. I could see an ambulance coming down the road towards me and then I saw a fire truck coming from the right. Both had all their lights flashing and sirens wailing. Of course I stopped where I was to let them go where ever they needed to. They were heading to the apartments I had just passed. Now, a bright red fire truck and an orange and white ambulance are hard to miss. Both had to stop while an old man in a Cadillac Excalade came through. When the ambulance hit the buzz feature, the old fart flipped them off. I sure wish I'd had a badge at that time. As both came by me, they waved at me. I guess they appreciate people who will let them through.
    Some people are dense and/or self centered.

It seems at times that there never is a LEO around to enforce the laws when someone is truly doing something that could actually be life threatening and/or stupid.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Win32, for it is subtle, and quick to anger. -D. Martinez

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Some people are dense and/or self centered.

It seems at times that there never is a LEO around to enforce the laws when someone is truly doing something that could actually be life threatening and/or stupid.
    Amen!

The single thing that aggravates me the most about traffic enforcement is that it spends almost all its time on "speeders." People who - usually - aren't doing anything unsafe; just exceeding an arbitrarily set maximum based on the least common denominator - and for purposes of maximizing revenue to the county/state.

If I were a cop I'd hate this business because it is destroying - it has destroyed - public respect for cops, to a very great extent. The average citizens increasingly (rightly, in my opinion) sees them as badged tax collectors at best - and state-sanctioned thugs at worst.

With so much real crime happening - and with objective, undeniable road hazards such as tailgaters and people doing 46 MPH in 55 zones - the cops spend their time hunched over their radar guns hassling people over "speeding." Or running seat belt "safety" checkpoints.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I see this frequently.

It's definitely not like it was in the '70s when most people would immediately take notice of fire trucks and EM vehicles and get out of their way.

And usually, do so competently.

Once again, I attribute this to the dumbing-down of our society and the related uptick in the Clover population.