Thread: For the females (and guys, too...if you want to chime in)

Smile For the females (and guys, too...if you want to chime in)

Hello and welcome to EP's newest forum for females. Here is where the gals can come for auto maintenance and repair advice. Or, for anything else.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Erin, your hostess. Our discussions here are mainly of interest to the gals, but we welcome input from the guys, too. Our first discussion will probably be me asking all kinds of advice on my new project, the 1986 El Camino, or Elky, as we call her.

Stop in, say hello, ask questions, post answers, or whine all you want to in here.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Hello and welcome to EP's newest forum for females. Here is where the gals can come for auto maintenance and repair advice. Or, for anything else.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Erin, your hostess. Our discussions here are mainly of interest to the gals, but we welcome input from the guys, too. Our first discussion will probably be me asking all kinds of advice on my new project, the 1986 El Camino, or Elky, as we call her.

Stop in, say hello, ask questions, post answers, or whine all you want to in here.
    Good job, Erin - and thanks for being willing to lead this Board!

Thanks Erin for being brave enough to brave this bunch! Did Eric tell you his original section leader waddled off into the sunset never to have quacked again? Well, unless he mentions Hyundai? Good to have you!

duck

Thanks very much, ducky! Now that I have an old car, I have to learn how it works~

I looked at a Hyundai before I bought the El Camino. Hyundai has the best warranty in the business right now. I just wasn't in love with the vehicle.

Erin,

I have a Sonata made at the Montgomery plant (13 miles down the road). They're now making the Elantra there as well. Moved the Santa Fe up to the Georgia plant. One of the reasons I bought the Sonata was for the warranty. I'm not able to do my own car work anymore short of changing light bulbs. I bought it in Sept 06 (new 07) and other than scheduled maintenance, I've had to have a sun visor replaced. Plus I'm supporting my community. And I don't have a car payment for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Thanks very much, ducky! Now that I have an old car, I have to learn how it works~

I looked at a Hyundai before I bought the El Camino. Hyundai has the best warranty in the business right now. I just wasn't in love with the vehicle.

A couple of weeks ago I had to do a road trip in a company rental car. I'm not a small person at 6 foot and 230 pounds. I'm not fat, just not small. We closed our corporate fleet down at the plant and it was my job to bring the drivers back to be laid off. (Bummer!) One is kicking back on unemployment and the other two got hired in the mill so they are actually making more money with better benefits.

My company car was a Kia Sedona. One driver is bigger than me and his knees were up in his face for 350 miles. The other two weren't much better. Although after a dinner break and a couple of tall boy beers, they weren't as grumpy. I liked them on the way up but by the time I got back, I didn't like them much anymore.

I never want to drive a Sedona again. It wasn't bad around town but 700 miles in 15 hours and I couldn't wait to get back to my 13 year old Taurus with nearly 160K on the clock.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Grouch,

<snickle> You sound like my husband - he is 6 foot and 215 lbs. He's not small. He always has to scoot the seats back after I have been driving because he cannot get his knees under the steering wheel. Me? I'm kinda short at 5'4", so the knee room is not as critical an issue for me. But, I do LOVE the leg room in my Elky.

I had forgotten how much room the older cars have. My other car is an '01 Mountaineer with 99k miles. It has pretty good leg room, but there is no comparison to the Elky.

Of course, my Elky did not come with a 100,000 mile warranty like the Hyundai does....