Thread: Have your boobs ever gotten in the way?

Have your boobs ever gotten in the way?

Obviously, guys will not have this problem. But, any ladies will understand....and you guys will probably laugh your butts off.

After bailing out the Elky from getting the headers and stuff installed, I was going to do a little work on it. I went to the parts store and got oil, oil filter, and a new K&N air filter, and the thermostat sensor.

When I crawled under the car the first time to check the bolt on the oil pan and the oil filter, I slid under from the from of the car. Plenty of clearance. No problem.

When I backed it out of the garage to actually change the oil, my husband laughed his a$$ off at me because I slid, or rather I tried to slide, under the car from the side. I didn't get very far because - oops!- my boobs got in the way and I physically could not get any further underneath the car.

Apparently, you have to be flat-chested to slide under a low-clearance vehicle without putting the vehicle up on ramps.

<sigh> It's always something......

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Obviously, guys will not have this problem. But, any ladies will understand....and you guys will probably laugh your butts off.

After bailing out the Elky from getting the headers and stuff installed, I was going to do a little work on it. I went to the parts store and got oil, oil filter, and a new K&N air filter, and the thermostat sensor.

When I crawled under the car the first time to check the bolt on the oil pan and the oil filter, I slid under from the from of the car. Plenty of clearance. No problem.

When I backed it out of the garage to actually change the oil, my husband laughed his a$$ off at me because I slid, or rather I tried to slide, under the car from the side. I didn't get very far because - oops!- my boobs got in the way and I physically could not get any further underneath the car.

Apparently, you have to be flat-chested to slide under a low-clearance vehicle without putting the vehicle up on ramps.

Hey, I'm just impressed you are changing your own oil! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post

Ohhhh.......I dunno. I work with some really FAT guys. We had one gal loading trucks with me for a while and one was hitting on her. She said she wished she was as well endowed as he is. She also would poke at his belly and ask if that baby was kicking yet.

On Spike TVs PowerBlock, there was a mechanic in the show Extreme 4X4 named Jesse Combs. She did as good a job as the guys but when she was standing there with a white shirt and two black spots on it (guess where they were) it was pointed out she might want to change shirts.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

I have a favorite ditch on the side of my driveway I use to change oil.

My Camino is lowered 3 inches, so it's impossible to just crawl under.

You're the first woman I know that can change oil! Awesome

"Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato "
    -Mussolini
    All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.

LOL! That's a great story for the annals of gal-chanics.

I can see where that might be a bit embarrassing...

Well, I had to get my big, strong husband to loosen the bolt because I could not get it to turn. He even had difficulty with it and he's a big ol' country boy from Georgia.

Even though I was going to actually do the oil change, after he loosened the bolt I said "Ok - thanks honey. I can do it from there." But, being the gallant guy that he is, he just said "I'll do it since I am already under here."

So, I cannot take credit for this oil change. But, I do know how to do it.