Thread: Dinner etiquette

Talking Dinner etiquette

I've been thinking (and my head hurts too). I'm a middle aged bachelor and need some dinner table advice. Is it proper to eat french fries with your fingers, or should the fingers be eaten separately?
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Stop thinking and your headache will go away.

French fry etiquette dictates that you eat them with your fingers when they are accompanying a burger or chicken fingers or other food that you eat with your hands.

When the fries accompany a steak or other dish that requires utensils, cut them into pieces and use a fork.

hope this helps~

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I've been thinking (and my head hurts too). I'm a middle aged bachelor and need some dinner table advice. Is it proper to eat french fries with your fingers, or should the fingers be eaten separately?
    Strange, Grouch, I put your question to the delectable Diane. She went a strange sort of green color and won't come out of the bathroom.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Strange, Grouch, I put your question to the delectable Diane. She went a strange sort of green color and won't come out of the bathroom.

Ken.

I don't think eesquared read the whole question.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

As a fine Southern Lady (in my best Scarlett voice), it is always permissible to eat your fries with your fingers. Should you decide you should need extra protein, then it is up to you to determine if your fingers meet that criteria. Fingers are NOT considered finger food and must be eaten properly with a knife and fork.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776 View Post
    As a fine Southern Lady (in my best Scarlett voice), it is always permissible to eat your fries with your fingers. Should you decide you should need extra protein, then it is up to you to determine if your fingers meet that criteria. Fingers are NOT considered finger food and must be eaten properly with a knife and fork.

If instead of eating your fingers, you gnawed on your toes, would that be Tofud?
    Honk if you love Jesus.

You mean you can reach your toes?
    I'm going quackers!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post

I sure can. I poke them with a stick.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Grouch is obviously an exception to a time honored rule, Quacky. Once one gets to what is often, euphemistically, referred to as the 'twilight of one's years', one frequently finds it increasingly difficult to even see one's toes let alone reach them. (Luckily one's man servant is always on hand to assist one in putting on one's socks and shoes.)

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Grouch is obviously an exception to a time honored rule, Quacky. Once one gets to what is often, euphemistically, referred to as the 'twilight of one's years', one frequently finds it increasingly difficult to even see one's toes let alone reach them. (Luckily one's man servant is always on hand to assist one in putting on one's socks and shoes.)

Ken.

Actually, at age 56, I weigh about 5 pounds less than I did in high school. Partly because I try to stay in shape and partly because I was a fat pharte in school. Except for a grey beard and the hair on top being shorter (and the hair in my ears longer) I still look the same in pictures as I did when I got out of school. No, I wasn't a 30 year old Sophomore.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Actually, at age 56, I weigh about 5 pounds less than I did in high school. Partly because I try to stay in shape and partly because I was a fat pharte in school. Except for a grey beard and the hair on top being shorter (and the hair in my ears longer) I still look the same in pictures as I did when I got out of school. No, I wasn't a 30 year old Sophomore.
    56? 56? is that all? Why, bless my soul, thee's nobbut a lad yet with a whole lifetime ahead of thee.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

56? 56? is that all? Why, bless my soul, thee's nobbut a lad yet with a whole lifetime ahead of thee.

Ken.

In my family, it's common to be vigorous into the 80's. The 90's aren't too bad (mom is 92) and there have been several centenarians. Personally, I plan to go out with a bang and not fade away. My current plan is to live to 102 and be shot by a jealous husband of a 20 year old exotic dancer. I plan to come to the end of my life with a skid sideways while hollering "Yee Haw! What a ride!!!".
    Honk if you love Jesus.

In my family, it's common to be vigorous into the 80's. The 90's aren't too bad (mom is 92) and there have been several centenarians. Personally, I plan to go out with a bang and not fade away. My current plan is to live to 102 and be shot by a jealous husband of a 20 year old exotic dancer. I plan to come to the end of my life with a skid sideways while hollering "Yee Haw! What a ride!!!".
    I gotta admire your ambition there, dude.

The rest of that quote is "with a box of chocolates in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other." that's my idea of going out.
    I'm going quackers!

The rest of that quote is "with a box of chocolates in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other." that's my idea of going out.

Well, I was trying to be proper. (Not normal for me) I figure it will take them 3 days to get the smile off my face and maybe a couple more to get the lid shut.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Hmm....champagne and chocolate. Yep - that's the way I wanna go.

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    Hmm....champagne and chocolate. Yep - that's the way I wanna go.

I used to eat all natural foods but then I realized that most people die from natural causes.

Then again, when I start feeling blue, I just start breathing again.
    Honk if you love Jesus.