Thread: Wendy's has lost a customer.

Angry Wendy's has lost a customer.

I generally don't go to fast food places. I avoid McDonalds as their food isn't that great. It's mostly hype and salt. On occasion I'll get something if I've been working 12 hour shfts as there aren't many places near work. I haven't had a quarter pounder in years as you pay for cheese whether you want it or not. I have trouble with dairy products and need to watch my calorie intake.

Now Wendy's is doing the same thing. I stopped to grab a quick bite and they had raised prices and ALL their sandwiches have cheese on them.

They just lost a customer.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    I generally don't go to fast food places. I avoid McDonalds as their food isn't that great. It's mostly hype and salt. On occasion I'll get something if I've been working 12 hour shfts as there aren't many places near work. I haven't had a quarter pounder in years as you pay for cheese whether you want it or not. I have trouble with dairy products and need to watch my calorie intake.

Now Wendy's is doing the same thing. I stopped to grab a quick bite and they had raised prices and ALL their sandwiches have cheese on them.

I'm guessing that, apart from children, so few customers were ordering the ones without cheese that it didn't make economic sense to keep them on the menu. Arby's is the only chain I can think of with a significant number of cheeseless sandwiches.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Good for you!

Fast food is both a rip-off and a dietary disaster.

I haven't visited the Clown in years and don't plan to eat there ever again.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel View Post
    I'm guessing that, apart from children, so few customers were ordering the ones without cheese that it didn't make economic sense to keep them on the menu. Arby's is the only chain I can think of with a significant number of cheeseless sandwiches.
    I bet it's not even "cheese" either. Or just barely. That crap they serve is food coloring, oil and "cheese flavoring."

Mr. Grouch,

The last time I ate at McD was last fall when I had to go and observe a fast food restaurant for a class assignment. My kids do not even like fast food places, especially McD. Aside from the fact that fast food breads taste like paste, the food is devoid of any nutrition. Although, we sometimes go to KFC or Boston Market as a substitute for Wendy's, Arby's, McD, etc. Most of the fast food places use 'American' cheese - which is not really cheese at all. It's processed cheese - like Velveeta; just a bunch of chemicals and dyes.

Regarding the costs: Costs of everything rose in February by about 23%. That's the highest rate over a one-month period ever. With oil over $100/barrel, the cost to bring the supplies to the producers has increased. Plus, the producers have intentionally kept retail prices artificially low since 2008 and can no longer afford to do so. They have to increase their prices to turn a profit.

I hate to say this, and as a consumer I hate to see it, but we can expect everything to cost more in the months ahead because of the devaluation of the dollar. It's the Weimar Republic all over again and it will only get worse.

The Billion Prices Project at MIT has been tracking prices as sold thru online resellers.

http://bpp.mit.edu/daily-price-indexes/

Pick USA from the list. You can hover over the graphs to get daily inflation rates.

February had a monthly (MONTHLY!) inflation rate of 0.8%

Chip H.

As they say: "Fast food is neither!"

Last week I had my first McD burger in about 2 years. I just wanted a burger. I asked for a cup for water. I go over to the soda dispenser - and there is no more 'water' tab. (About 2 years ago you could get water.)

Get this.... the only way I could get water was for the Mexican to go to the drive thru beverage dispenser and enter a code for plain water.

All these fast food joints are pure evil: They employ workers for a non-livable wage, pay no benefits, no health ins, no time off, no sick leave. Then you and I pick up the tab through food stamps, section 8, medicaid, school lunches, etc, etc.

IMO they are SCUM!