Thread: Beauty Queen with Pink Pistol.....

Thumbs up Beauty Queen with Pink Pistol.....

....Kills Intruder

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22...home-invasion/

In brief: An ex-con forced his way into her house. Her boyfriend grapples with the intruder while she retrieves her pink .38 special. She shoots and kills intruder.

Go Pink!!

Quote Originally Posted by eesquared View Post
    ....Kills Intruder

In brief: An ex-con forced his way into her house. Her boyfriend grapples with the intruder while she retrieves her pink .38 special. She shoots and kills intruder.

Go Pink!!
    Well done, Meghan. Hopefully she will be commended for her actions.

Over here, of course, she would be charged with murder, the burglar would be beatified as a poor lost soul struggling back from the effects of a deprived childhood. His parents would claim he didn't deserve to be told off, let alone shot, because 'He was a good boy at heart and he only knocked on the door because he needed a drink of water.' They would claim for (and probably get) hundreds of thousands of pounds in compensation for Meghan's 'criminal action'.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 03-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.
    Wolds Bikers, Lincolnshire, England.

So, when are you moving here?

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    ....Kills Intruder

Go Pink!!
    Excellent; I hope this is a "Castle Law" state (immunity from civil suit by dey fambly of the thug if the shooting is deemed self-defense and no criminal charges were filed).

I've long believed - and said - that violent crime would go away, or be almost nonexistent, if there were severe penalties for any unprovoked violent act, especially one involving a weapon of any kind. For example: 20 years, mandatory minimum with no chance of parole - for possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, even if the weapon was not actually used - and in addition to whatever the sentence is for the actual crime, such as robbery. Mandatory life in prison, no parole, for rape/murder. Death (to be carried out within 12 months of sentence) in cases were guilt is overwhelmingly proved via, for example, DNA or irrefutable video evidence, etc.

And the lawful right of any citizen to use deadly force in defense of their person, with no requirements that they "retreat." Blanket immunity from civil suit, as above.

If you get into the subject, you'll find that almost all violent crimes are committed by - drumroll, please - repeat violent offenders; people who went before a judge for similar crimes in the past and were given light (or no) real time, or released to prey on society again. Enough of that nonsense. Most people go their entire lives without even beating someone else up - let alone robbing, raping or killing. Why do the sociopaths who do commit such acts get sympathy? Or (worse) second (and third) chances?

I'd also end the idiotic "war on drugs," and this business of arresting people merely for smoking dope and all that other nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Excellent; I hope this is a "Castle Law" state (immunity from civil suit by dey fambly of the thug if the shooting is deemed self-defense and no criminal charges were filed).

I've long believed - and said - that violent crime would go away, or be almost nonexistent, if there were severe penalties for any unprovoked violent act, especially one involving a weapon of any kind. For example: 20 years, mandatory minimum with no chance of parole - for possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, even if the weapon was not actually used - and in addition to whatever the sentence is for the actual crime, such as robbery. Mandatory life in prison, no parole, for rape/murder. Death (to be carried out within 12 months of sentence) in cases were guilt is overwhelmingly proved via, for example, DNA or irrefutable video evidence, etc.

And the lawful right of any citizen to use deadly force in defense of their person, with no requirements that they "retreat." Blanket immunity from civil suit, as above.

If you get into the subject, you'll find that almost all violent crimes are committed by - drumroll, please - repeat violent offenders; people who went before a judge for similar crimes in the past and were given light (or no) real time, or released to prey on society again. Enough of that nonsense. Most people go their entire lives without even beating someone else up - let alone robbing, raping or killing. Why do the sociopaths who do commit such acts get sympathy? Or (worse) second (and third) chances?

I'd also end the idiotic "war on drugs," and this business of arresting people merely for smoking dope and all that other nonsense...
    She shouldn't be facing any charges. It happened in Florida.

I agree with you on the asset-stealing War on Drugs. That is nothing more than an excuse for law enforcement to steal the property of citizens. Or, legal plunder, as Bastiat would say.

I wish people and Congress would realize that they cannot legislate choice without restricting the liberties of the populace. It simply does not work.

She shouldn't be facing any charges. It happened in Florida.

I agree with you on the asset-stealing War on Drugs. That is nothing more than an excuse for law enforcement to steal the property of citizens. Or, legal plunder, as Bastiat would say.

I wish people and Congress would realize that they cannot legislate choice without restricting the liberties of the populace. It simply does not work.
    Amen.

What's especially annoying in re the "drug war" is that pretty much every cop, judge, lawyer and politician - pretty much everyone under 60 today - has at least tried pot or knows people who have and knows that fiddling with drugs - as such - no more makes you a criminal (in the real, moral sense - that is, a thief, or someone who physically attacks others) than does having a beer or drinking whiskey (again, as such).

I have some understanding of the hysterical older people who may actually believe that (for example) smoking a joint turns a sane person into a raving sex maniac or killer (etc.) because that's the nonsense they grew up with.

But people in their 60 today or younger know it's all BS.

I haven't touched pot or any other drug (except alcohol) since my college days; but I do admit I dabbled and I know for a fact that all my friends did, too. We all got our degrees, got jobs, got married - etc. - and never harmed anyone.

I can't abide the hypocrites - guys like Clinton, for instance - who did plenty of drugs himself and knows that tossing people into jail/taking their property because they got caught with a bag of pot (and so on) is vicious and would never want it done to him - yet advocates exactly that sort of hard-assed Drug Warrior stuff for others who do.

So, when are you moving here?
    I wish! I've been to the States quite a few times, Florida, Texas, California, and loved the 'work hard - play hard' ethos shared by all my business colleagues there.

The only things stopping me would be , age, financial status, wife, elderly parents and two cats who would be very upset if we even thought about disrupting their idyllic way of life in the English countryside. Damn! almost forgot, I'd have to get the headlights on the Honda changed over to driving on the right as well.

Ken.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I wish! I've been to the States quite a few times, Florida, Texas, California, and loved the 'work hard - play hard' ethos shared by all my business colleagues there.

The only things stopping me would be , age, financial status, wife, elderly parents and two cats who would be very upset if we even thought about disrupting their idyllic way of life in the English countryside. Damn! almost forgot, I'd have to get the headlights on the Honda changed over to driving on the right as well.

Ken.
    Well, you are always welcome in Texas, dear one. We are friendly here: Property rights friendly, arms friendly, etc.......
    Some of us are even cat-friendly.
    Sell the Honda - buy a Guzzi or a BMW. They ride much smoother.

Well, you are always welcome in Texas, dear one. We are friendly here: Property rights friendly, arms friendly, etc.......
    Hey now!

Honda made a better Guzzi! The GL-series Silverwing!

More power/better reliability; very similar look/feel/sound. And vastly more reliable and much, much less expensive, too!

What, Erin?, ride with my head higher than my bum? with my wrists higher than my elbows? on a bike that won't rev above eight thou? and a speedometer that only goes up to 140 or thereabouts? on a bike that only leans five degrees before the pegs hit the ground? No M'aam that just ain't doggone natural for a blue blooded old coot like me. (Oh, OK, maybe the new BMW S1200R would meet all my criteria, if you've got a good raceway near you.)

Maybe in a year or so when I hit the next big '0' and they've prized the clip-ons from my withered old fingers, lifted me off the bike and given me a motorized Zimmer frame.

As for your other 'Welcome' points, No argument there, Erin, I found my Texan colleagues to be very warm, welcoming and friendly. I could be quite happy in that environment, mind you I would have preferred to see a few little fluffy white cumulus clouds in the Texan sky now and again, it was always blue skies and sunshine with nary a cloud to be seen - but that is the Brit in me I guess.

Ken.
    Last edited by Ken; 03-27-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Die dulci fruimini!
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hey now!

Honda made a better Guzzi! The GL-series Silverwing!

More power/better reliability; very similar look/feel/sound. And vastly more reliable and much, much less expensive, too!
    Well, Ken...It has been probably 30 years since I rode on a Guzzi. One of my old boyfriends had one. As a passenger, it is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden on. His was not chopped, it was pretty normal. Even my brother's old GoldWing 1000 did not hold a candle to the comfort of the Guzzi. But, if you are comfy on yours, then by all means keep riding it.

And yes, there are numerous motorcycle raceways here. There is one in Ennis, about 50 miles south of where I live. When I was growing up, we did not have a raceway nearby, so we just rode out in the caleche pits.

We have clouds in Texas! We have too many sometimes. You would probably love Houston and the coastal towns. They are very humid and have more clouds and rain than the western part of the state. Might be just a bit warm for your blood, though. It does get kinda hot in the summertime~

I did not know that Honda made that. But, I do not keep up with 2-wheelers much anymore.

My brother had a Goldwing 1000, back in the early 70s. It was very smooth, but not as comfy as my old boyfriend's Guzzi. Of course, both have probably had numerous improvements since I have ridden on them.

Jean
    Ummm.. They KNOW that - it's the INTENT. To use our human actions to harm us.

We need to kill sociopaths BEFORE they get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Ummm.. They KNOW that - it's the INTENT. To use our human actions to harm us.
    Exactly. Here's hoping more people realize this fact.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

We need to kill sociopaths BEFORE they get elected.
    Nope, can't go that way, Jean. Since it seems we have to fight monsters, we'll have to be careful not to become monsters ourselves in the process. Anyway, it's fultile to try to kill all the sociopaths. The cost of ammo alone would bankrupt most of us. ;-)

Sociopaths usually don't expose themselves until it is most convenient for them to do so. The TSA is a fantastic example of this. The people going to work for the TSA probably had some sort of "honest" living to be made before they answered the call to work for the government, and now there they are exposing themselves as sociopaths who "love their job" (check out the Ron Paul clip where he asked the TSA agent feeling his dick if he liked his job, and the TSA agent replied "I love my job"...).

And I agree with Ed. As much as I'd like to see justice served to the sociopaths, we can't become sociopaths in the process, then "they" win. It is certainly enraging to think about, but the only way "we" will win is by spreading truth and freedom. That said, it doesn't mean we can't properly prepare to defend ourselves, I just won't be talking much on the internet about these defense fantasies of mine where I'm built like Schwarzenegger and kicking ass, taking names... that just opens the door for "them" to swoop in and throw me in a cage, or just kill me. I'm not here to make it any easier for "them" to carry out their plans for domination, and neither should anyone else.

Southside, Virginia, way out in the sticks.
    Here's a possibility: One way that a sociopath exposes himself is by running for office. Now, Jean. Don't shoot every candidate who announces in any future election. Just view them all with suspicion. Who else but a sociopath would want to be invoved in giovernment at any level?